A great time to join an early stage Technology company
An opportunity to make a significant impact and benefit from the outcome
About Our Client
They are an early stage technology disruptor.
The company has just completed an investment round and is now engaging with postal and logistics companies from around the world.
The technology is the front end of their Digital Solution offering, allowing businesses and consumers to post parcels and letters without the need for postage stamps or printed off postage.
Supported by a heavyweight Board of Directors and Advisors with extensive experience from the relevant sectors.
Location: Flexible, the successful candidates location is secondary to their suitability for the role
The role reports to the Managing Director and has the following key responsibilities:
- To credibly market and successfully sell their Digital Solution to postal and logistics companies
- Search for sales prospects across the industry, seeking out innovative use cases in addition to creating leads with traditional postal companies
- To develop and manage client relationships
- To develop and manage partner relationships
- In agreement with the Board, to develop and implement the company's commercial strategy. This will encompass but not limited to software licence agreements, charging model(s), support arrangements, partner agreements and service terms & conditions
- To engage with and support other members of the Board in their respective responsibilities from a commercial perspective
- To attend monthly Board Meetings and fulfil all director duties, including updating the Board on their responsibilities, progress against key activities to time, costs and quality, and update on key risks and issues
- To work with other Board members to develop and help implement the Company's business strategy, operating plan and roadmap to target operating model
- Along with other Board members, inputting and taking shared responsibility for all corporate governance and risk management matters across the company
The Successful Applicant
The Commercial Director will either have worked in a postal or logistics company in a senior role or worked for a technology company selling technology product to postal/logistics companies. Critically the right individual will have a successful track record of selling technology product into the postal/logistics sector.
As a member of the Executive Board, the role will also play a major part in defining the strategic direction of the company, the target operating model and the roadmap for success. As a member of the Board the individual will need to comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements under corporate governance.
Key Skills and Responsibilties:
- The proven ability to successfully sell technology products to postal/logistics companies
- In-depth knowledge of the postal and CEP industry, with connections to match
- The ability to define, develop and implement a successful commercial strategy for the company
- Commercially and politically astute - delivers but can see wider organisational perspective and advises and behaves accordingly
- Ability to engage well with Exec level stakeholders, with gravitas to build confidence and firm relationships
- Great interpersonal, communications and messaging skills, particularly the ability to be robust under challenge without being disruptive. These skills will be strong both in verbal and written form, with the skills to deliver complex messages simply
To be able to take a reasonably flexible approach to carrying out their responsibilities recognising that they will be working for an early-stage company and that work that needs to be done, gets done by whomsoever is in a position to do it
What's on Offer
Salary: Commensurate with the seniority of the position
Bonus: (to be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate)
Long term reward structure: Share Options