- Save Job
- Email job
- International pharmaceutical CMO supplying 100+ countries
- Unique opportunity to take the lead in developing the UK API market
About Our Client
My client is a CMO with capability across R&D, manufacturing and commercialisation of chemical and biological medicinal products, as well as pharmaceutical packaging and distribution. Their core therapeutic areas include cardiovascular, central nerve system, and antivirals and they are a leading manufacturer of cardiovascular and anti-psychotic agents.
The business has 7,000+ employees and 40 affiliates worldwide and established a significant international presence in major markets in Asia and Europe and is now seeking to expand into the UK. They have developed long-term partnerships with more than 500 pharmaceutical companies across the globe which allows them to supply products to more than 100 countries. The business is committed to providing high-quality medicines to patients globally and improving their quality of life.
As the Sales Director, you will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities for API sales to the Pharmaceutical, and possibly chemical sector, by establishing and maintaining relationships with key partners, and developing and executing strategies to drive revenue growth. You will work closely with the executive team to develop and implement business plans, evaluate potential partnerships and negotiate complex deals.
- Evaluate and action API and CMO opportunities that leverage our client's manufacturing capability
- Examine and assess the current and future needs of pharmaceutical customers and recommend commercial actions to generate revenue opportunities
- Develop and executive the UK business plan
- Take the lead for client prospecting and taking the lead to close negotiations with prospective partners
- Responsible for 'landing and expanding' with new customers through seeking extensions of commercial agreements, pricing, forecasting and managing any customer service-related issues
- Regularly collate and report data and information to key stakeholders
- Create a cooperative working environment with internal stakeholders and coordinate any activities that will benefit customers and improve commercial opportunities
The Successful Applicant
To succeed in this Sales Director role, you will need a strong track record as a successful individual contributor to business development in the pharmaceutical industry. You will have a deep understanding of the market landscape, and the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders. You will also need exceptional communication and negotiation skills, and a results-oriented mindset to manage the full sales cycle.
Core experience sought:
- Several years of senior pharmaceutical sales/business development capacity with exprience of selling API products to the Pharmaceutical or Chemical sector, ideally in with CMO/CDMO organisations
- Strong negotiations skills
- Customer-orientated and solution-focused approach to business development
- A substantial network of industry contacts gained from extensive networking and previous success
- A strong ability to manage projects to introduce new clients/products to the business
- Highly developed commercial acumen and sales ability to lead and close complex negotiation
- A strong track record of consistently delivering commercial results with a proactive approach
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels both in and outside of the organisation.
- Well-developed decision-making skills based on good judgement and data analysis.
- Can proactively seek out opportunities and propose solutions to prevent potential problems
What's on Offer
Highly competitive remuneration package.
This is a UK home-based role reporting to a global HQ.
Our client is willing to consider permanent and consultancy-based hiring.
- Sales Subsector
- Life Sciences
- South East England
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Mark Lawson-Jones
- Job reference