- Save Job
- Email job
- Working for a global innovator in consumer products
- Director level role with a clear progression plan
About Our Client
Family run business in the consumer industry who combine innovative technology in their own state-of-the-art laboratories, with leading edge design to produce products that work better. Their global products feature in both online and offline retailers. Due to a continued drive to reward hard work in their business, the Sales Director role has become available due to an international internal promotion.
- The Sales Director will be responsible for delivering monthly sales volumes and communicating to the management team and wider business any changes to the budget, target, or latest estimate - with a plan to address
- Working with Marketing and Finance to plan below the line investments to create the best return on investment
- Responsible for the planning and execution of new product launches with key customers
- Develop a deep understanding of the key retailers and their objectives and be able to influence at all levels, to deliver business plans
- Conduct regular meetings with key contacts within the trade to ensure customer account plans are on track
- Regular collaborative meetings between key customers to build and discuss strategic growth plans and JBPs
- Direct the account team for all major trading agreements and subsequent negotiations with customers; drive European trading strategies
- Understand key customer initiatives with the customer. (e.g. Category management, in -store fixtures, customer experience, returns etc
- Work effectively with key functions to promote the sales agreements, ensuring they are aligned with overall market expectations.
- Set up a compelling vision for their retail future in the UK Retail landscape
- Bring cohesive leadership to the Key Accounts teams and the Retail Activation teams
- Inspire, lead and motivate the team through regular feedback, 1: 1's, PDP.s ,and objectives
- Placing customer experience at the heart of all processes and decisions.
- Manage processes to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals
- Identifies gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and builds appropriate training solutions
- Develops talent and succession plans
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about technology, being a disruptive brand and leading a sales team who are passionate in-over achieving for their key customers.
The successful candidate will be a people leader who is working for a household brand, this could either be in electronics, health & beauty, fitness or working within the retail channel itself as a Trading Director with a working knowledge of these core categories. You will understand the dynamics in negotiating a retail partnership that relies on more than just shelf space.
You will be a strategic leader with the proven ability to set and implement a retail strategy, leading a team as you do so in balancing the long-term vision with the short-term deliverables. You are a strong communicator with a bias for action and to get things done with a positive attitude, energetic, engaging and positive approach.
Candidates need to be commutable to Bristol or prepared to relocate to the area
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary
Market leading bonus
- Sales Subsector
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Louise Shepherd
- Job reference