Sales Manager, China (Audiovisual)
Responsibility for China sales
Based in Shanghai, China
About Our Client
Our client is a European headquartered audiovisual business, currently expanding their presence across the Asia region. As you will join during a period of sustained growth, you will use your network to leverage and grow your profile of clients, working with the VP, Asia to build the business development and execution strategy
- Define and execute a territory sales strategy to meet sales and margin targets for the region.
- Closely manage dealers, distributors, and OEM accounts and establish strong multi-tier relationships.
- Complete ownership of regional sales process, including lead generation, product positioning, sales opportunity evaluation, quote generation, and deal closing.
- Assist marketing on ongoing product development by proactively querying customers about our competition, their challenges, product limitations, new workflows and trends.
- Position our products within target industries, provide proactive support to consultants, and track all opportunities from bid to award date.
- Submit sales projection reports to management on a timely manner with high emphasis on accuracy.
- Prepare and deliver technology presentations and hands-on product demonstrations that communicate the company's positional advantages and differentiators to our dealers, distributors and end-users.
- Coordinate lunch-and-learn and roadshows.
- Attend and/or participate in international, national and local trade shows and other sales related events.
- Work closely with product management and tech support teams to ensure customer satisfaction and assertive product feedback.
The Successful Applicant
- 6+ years sales experience in a professional video product manufacturer or sales environment in any of the following sectors: pro-AV; broadcast; production; post-production. Experience as direct salesman with established customer relationships in the pro-AV market sector is ideal.
- Strong video engineering or end-user background.
- Self-motivated and a proven sales closer.
- Willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time.
- Articulate communicator, professional demeanour and excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously without field supervision.
- Creative, detailed oriented with planning and organisational skill.
- Solid understanding of video signal baseband processing (ideal).
- Computer skills including MS Office and CRM Systems, preferably SalesForce.
- Must be able to speak and write Putonghua, English and Chinese.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary and benefits package, China home-working & separate office location, attractive compensation targets based on sales.