Sales Manager - Premium Brands
Family Owned Spirits Company
Exciting Sales Manager opportunity based in Lagos, Nigeria
About Our Client
My client is an independent 100% family owned business that distills world renowned whiskys and spirits. In operation since the late 1800's, the business has since grown it's footprint now operating in 44 locations globally, employing over 2,800 employees and selling to almost 200 markets.
As the Sales Manager - Premium Brands you will be responsible for delivering and executing the commercial ambitions for Nigeria. This will be done by working with the in-country Distributor and the relevant cross-functional teams, to develop and implement Premium Brands strategy for the country. This, in turn, will support the broader strategy of winning in premium plus spirits through disruptive activation.
As part of their amazing team, you will look forward to the following challenges and day to day responsibilities:
Ensure we have the right portfolio in place by outlet segment and tier.
Ambassador and embody brand values, beliefs and attitudes to become role model for third parties and act as a trusted advisor to the customers by developing strong relationships with outlet management to advocate the Premium Brands portfolio.
Utilising customer insights tools and activation's effectiveness (what's working/Not working/needs improvement) to evolve regional Premium Brands activation strategy
Excellently execute Premium Brands strategy tailored for the Nigerian market and HNIs
Conduct a route to consumer survey with the aim of mapping the high potential locations for the product portfolio
- Identify relevant on and off trade outlet segmentation's
- Identify relevant on and off trade outlet tiers
- Identify relevant sources of business by outlet segmentation and outlet tier
Develop an activation strategy for each segment and tier, and executing it using the necessary tools
- Execution standards (QDVAAA)
- PR / Advocacy / Partnerships
Build the premium brands portfolio credentials and fame by:
- Building the luxury capabilities of the local distributor team
- Establishing a culture of luxury within our distributor team and relevant trade partners
- Representing Nigeria within the regions network of luxury specialists
- Recruiting affluent and ultra-high net-worth individuals
The Successful Applicant
The Sales Manager - Premium Brands, will possess the following attributes:
- Business awareness: understanding of own business area and impact on the wider organisation
- Commercial awareness: uses commercial knowledge to drive sustainable growth
- Understanding of route to consumer analysis and outlet mapping
- Experience of developing , and delivering, channel strategies for a prestige and/or luxury goods brand
- Experience of Influencing either a direct or 3rd party prestige activation team
- In-depth understanding of the prestige consumer and the industry
- Measurement & Evaluation experience with proven track record of leverage learning to deliver better execution.
- Experience of working with, or in, a 3rd party distributor model.
- Experience working remotely and with virtual teams.
- Understanding of and experience in using social media and technology in executing activation plans
- Ideally a strong network with and direct exposure to:
- o Prestige and HNW individuals and corporate associations
- o Relevant prestige customers in Nigeria
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Brand Activation or equivalent role
- Business level English is mandatory.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an exciting and fulfilling role, a competitive market related package and an opportunity to join a dynamic innovative and well cultured organisation.