Sales Manager - Travel/Hospitality
New remote position with the fastest growing sightseeing company in the world
Opportunity manage a national territory
About Our Client
My client is the largest operator of open-top sightseeing tours in the world, providing sightseeing tours across four continents. It has a combined fleet of over 400 buses carrying more than four million passengers a year across 19 cities including Abu Dhabi, Budapest, Darwin, Dubai, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Las Vegas, London, Miami, Muscat, New York, Rome, Paris, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Shanghai, Sydney, Vienna and Washington DC.
- Responsibilities include planning, prospecting, and account management, leveraging best practices to ensure that we maximize sales/revenue.
- Devise a sales plan for the territory to include growth from existing partners in the territory as well as recruitment of new partners with timescales, sales projections, and costs
- Identify opportunities to enter new markets and activity sector or to sell a new attraction
- Actively attend relevant trade events, representing the company and where relevant its attraction partners
- Negotiate deals with partners to either increase sales or reduce costs, ultimately leading to business growth - this could be a distribution partner selling tickets or an attraction whose tickets will be sold by the company.
- Establish a reporting process in conjunction with the partner to monitor and identify growth opportunities
- Drive a "pursuit of excellence" culture & motivate partners in order to exceed goals and maximize the sales execution
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key partners, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- In conjunction with other city teams and Global team, ensure the timely and successful delivery of information to partners according to their needs and objectives
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent understanding of travel industry with an ability to assess demand thus ensuring that we plan sales & promotional activities in a timely manner
- Proficiency in additional languages will be an advantage
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Google Analytics
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Demonstrate ability to present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- At least 3 years' experience in sales function within the travel industry, with a proven track record in managing partner relationships
- Experience in delivering partner-focused solutions based on customer needs and ability to solve complex problems effectively
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Budget management & reporting experience in managing marketing budgets and ensuring diligent use of budgets to attain maximum impact
- Communication - Ability to express ideas or facts in a clear and persuasive manner. Convince others to own expressed viewpoint.
- Planning and Budgeting - Ability to establish efficiently an appropriate course of action for self/others to accomplish a goal.
- Technical Knowledge - Possesses an in-depth knowledge of the area and can effectively apply that knowledge to solve a range of problems.
- Analytical - Effectiveness in identifying problems, seeking pertinent data, recognizing important information and identifying possible causes of problems.
- Results Orientated - Consistently delivers required business results; sets and achieves achievable goals; consistently comply with quality and service standards and meet deadlines; maintains focus on company goals.
- Customer Focus - Exceeding customer expectations by displaying a total commitment to identifying and providing solutions for the highest possible standards aimed at addressing customer needs.
- Commercial Awareness - Able to understand the key business issues that affect the profitability and growth of an enterprise and takes appropriate action to maximize success.
What's on Offer
Core working hours are 9.00am to 6.00pm on Mondays to Fridays and such additional hours as may be necessary for the proper performance of her duties. The role involves frequent travel (through different time zones) and the necessity of overnight stays, it is accepted and understood that mobility and the need to work flexible hours is an integral part of the role.
Base salary + bonus.