- Spanish innovative ingredients company
- Scientific & Innovation Director (Hybrid / Remote)
About Our Client
Spanish innovative ingredients company with stable presence in the international markets and focused on development, manufacturing and commercialization of science-based botanical extracts.
- Planning and implementation of the overall New Product Development and Innovation Strategy for the company
- Planning and coordination of the work of the staff assigned to the R&D department.
- Management of the R&D&I budget.
- Review of scientific-technical reports and articles for publication.
- Attendance at scientific meetings for scouting of emerging scientific trends in the sector.
- Providing support both to Business Development and Marketing to define and implement a coordinated growth's strategy.
- Establishments and management of a solid network with key external stakeholders (commercial partners, R&D institutions, etc.) to foster collaboration at R&D&I level.
- Representing the company externally for any scientific related topic (project applications to institutions and agencies for grants and/or co-financing of company's R&D&I activities, communication with distributors, technical/scientific meetings, etc.).
- Coordinating internal scientific communications, sharing the progress of the results with other departments of the company (e.g. production, quality, etc.).
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Life-Science, Food Science, or Medicine.
- PhD in Life Sciences.
- Experience in equivalent positions in the dietary supplement industry or related sectors (pharma or food).
- Experience in development of science-based products for phytotherapy, supplements, functional food or health applications will be highly valued.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build solid long-term relationships.
- Experience in dealing with different kind of stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Ability to think out of the box and to develop a clear strategic vision.
- Availability to relocate to Canarias or to work remotely from other Spanish regions travelling to Canarias on regular basis.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
What's on Offer
Great professional opportunity.