- Opportunity for a Machine Learning Research Lead to shape digital learning
- Applied Research Lead for ML & NLP Innovation Lab to develop digital product
About Our Client
Michael Page is delighted to be working exclusively with the world's most valuable multi-national EdTech Unicorn business, BYJU'S.
Within a decade of its launch, BYJU'S have rapidly expanded to now cater to a large student community globally where it has a presence in over 120 countries, impacting millions of learners worldwide. The mission is to ultimately create better learning outcomes, for ALL students.
With a core set of digital products already creating a dent in the education arena the need and opportunity to further innovate and evolve those products to better support their user base is clear to see. BYJU'S are looking to revolutionise the digital learning pathways for children all over the world.
Having created a unique market within the developing world, demand has significantly increased in the west and the scale of opportunity for a leading EdTech product is exponential. Hence the client is now looking to create a world-class innovation hub in London.
As a Senior Applied Machine Learning Research Lead you will be an innovator and expert at exploring and solving some of the most complex problems at the cutting edge of digital learning. You will take ownership of both fundamental and applied deep learning research practices within the lab. Broadly you will be tasked with identifying and tackling complex problems surrounding applied digital product development and wider fundamental machine learning opportunities to ultimately impact and advance the BYJU'S product evolution.
As Senior Applied ML Research Lead you will be responsible for researching one or more of the conceptual workstreams to explore, understand and solve complex machine learning and artificial intelligence product challenges. Initial key research streams include: Auto Correction, Auto Solution, Personalisation and Universal research. To be effective in this role you will need to be an inspiring subject matter expert and work closely with engineers, project managers and other researchers to innovate the BYJU'S product. Dependant on the scope and scale of your subject matter expertise you would be required to lead and motivate other research scientists to develop workstream and product concepts.With so many touch points available, you will literally be inundated with information where you will be working with terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems. The magic is making this come alive and create unique experiences that will enhance the student on their journey and ultimately become a success in their chosen field.
As part of the leadership team in the London Hub you could be supporting or building a team of world-class ML / NLP / Computer Vision / AI researchers around you, but ultimately bringing your deep ML knowledge where your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Apply deep research methods and develop complex concepts and problems into proposed then implemented real-time programme enhancements
- Work with various Insight and other product teams to identify complex challenges and opportunities to innovate
- Lead on and stay current in key AI practices: ML, NLP, deep learning and computer vision knowledge, theories and technologies.
- Collaborate with other research and data scientists to create scalable ML solutions for product and industry problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data to further and validate research
The Successful Applicant
All industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply, the key desire is wanting to make a difference to our younger generation and presents an opportunity to give something back for social good. Candidates should have experience in some of the following:
- Masters or PhD degree in computer science, or related technical, math, or scientific field
- Strong working knowledge and experience in applied research majoring in either deep learning, machine learning, computer vision, NLP or ML / AI product development
- Proven track record of impactful research to innovate a digital product and develop user experience
- Track record of sharing open source content via publications, patents, awards for learning and research in ML / AI space.
- Hands-on experience in building models with deep learning frameworks such as MXNet, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, Theano or similar. Probabilistic modelling / Bayesian inference
- Hands on experience with deep learning NLP (e.g., CNN, RNN, LSTM)
- Seq2Seq (deep Sequence to Sequence)
- Computer vision (generative models - text to video)
- Experience in using Python, R or Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- The motivation to inspire and conjure new ideas to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think creatively and solve some of the most challenging problems
What's on Offer
In return, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact in Tech for good and play a hand in evolving the educational landscape as we know it. BYJU'S are a fast growing company on the brink of great things in the digital learning arena.
Successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary and compensation package with excellent benefits.
The role will require brainstorming / white-boarding meetings in London so commuting to Kings Cross and surrounding areas will be required on occasion.