- Experience managing a portfolio with University Housing and/or multifamily
- Strong knowledge of present value, NPV, IRR and DCF concept
About Our Client
My client is a global real estate development, investment, capital and property management company. They currently have over $50B office, retail, logistics, industrial, and residential properties. They are looking for a strong Senior Asset Manager (University Housing) to join their New York team. Local experience preferred.
The Senior Asset Manager (University Housing) will:
- Actively manage your own portfolio of assets while building a reputation of credibility and thought leadership within the team.
- Manage relationships with fee managers, leasing brokers and other vendors.
- Negotiate contracts, including property management agreements and retail leases.
- Monitor and analyze asset and portfolio level P&L statements
- Build operating and capital budgets as well as business plans around what's optimally achievable for your assets.
- Work constructively with other internal silos including Portfolio Management, Facilities Management, Group Development Management and Legal to accomplish your portfolio goals.
- Help identify and hone KPI's and develop methodologies for tracking them.
- Support Transactions in the underwriting, acquisition and disposition of assets and portfolios; flagging markets/specific assets as opportunities to acquire more or as recommended sells.
- Call out under performing assets/unfavorable trends and bring solutions to the table in a way that strengthens the team's best practices.
- Generate regular reporting for your portfolio and comment intelligently and briefly on that reporting.
- 25% travel estimated
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Senior Asset Manager (University Housing) will:
- Bachelor's degree in economics, real estate, accounting, architecture or related field, MBA or CFA desired
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Significant experience with either conventional multi-family or purpose-built university living asset management, additionally retail asset management or leasing experience preferred
- Strategic thinker with solid quantitative, financial, and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of present value, NPV, IRR and DCF concepts and calculations as well as strong financial modeling ability
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Argus and Tableau ability also plusses
- Ownership mentality, should also be flexible and inquisitive
- Creative thinker who owns and advocates for their ideas while listening to and learning from others to achieve optimal outcomes
- Able to prioritize between overlapping issues, tasks and deadlines
- You take an interest in mentoring less experienced members of the team and investing in their development, as well as the team's
- Thrives in a multicultural environment, including regular night calls with headquarters in Singapore
- Ability to write and present at high levels in a business context
What's on Offer
Base + Bonus + Benefits