Senior Brand Manager
Rapidly growing multi-national CPG firm
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this is a high impact role
About Our Client
Our client is a fast growing consumer goods company looking for a Sr. Brand Manager who is interested in taking their brand management expertise from a large CPG firm and moving to a high impact role with a smaller CPG firm.
The Senior Brand Manager will be responsible for:
- Achievement of financial and market share targets for a brand or portfolio in the U.S.
- Lead and align cross functional areas including trade marketing, supply chain, sales and finance to develop and execute successful commercial plans in order to deliver financial and share plans and targets
- Develop marketing strategies and plans based on consumer and shopper behavior
- Identify white space growth opportunities for the brand
- Develop and recommend the long term vision and key strategies for the brand in collaboration with the Innovation leader to create a healthy innovation pipeline
- Identify, build and execute breakthrough ideas that build relevance for our brands
Leadership & Managing Talent:
- Develop annual goals for the associate brand/ brand manager with the objective to improving their marketing skills.
- Monitor and follow up on the associate brand/brand manager's performance every six months ensuring compliance of their objectives and the brand activities
- Develop the annual brand business plan and the brand activity grid to deliver on key Brand KPIs.
- Monitor key brand, financial and marketing investment KPIs, synthesize insights/action areas and own execution through engaging the appropriate resources.
- Lead the development of a marketing strategy that helps deliver brand KPIs and own production of all communication materials across all contact points in close collaboration with Marketing Services.
- Brief and work with creative and media agencies to develop consumer communication, based on insight and brand positioning
- Manage the efficiency and ROI of communications including budget management & channel optimization.
- Bring together all marketing aspects from strategic development through execution of an integrated marketing/promotion plan and deliver with excellence
- Lead assessment of research needs to get relevant consumer insights for the development of new ideas and products
- Research, analyze and publish market and competitive information.
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend actions due to competitive environment.
- Support the Trade marketing team as required in the implementation of the store-format activation plans or optimizing product assortment and promotional strategy.
- Support the Sales team in creating customer presentations and meeting customer requirements.
- Own execution of product, special pack and display projects on time and on cost. Escalate any issues that may delay project providing potential alternative solutions for getting back on track
The Successful Applicant
- Must have been a Sr. Brand Manager previously (required).
- Experienced brand marketer with 6-8 years of progressive marketing experience in a major consumer goods company. Household care experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required.
- Strong entrepreneurial acumen, willing to take on a fast growing brand in a rapidly growing company. Able to quickly assess an opportunity with incomplete data, frame a strategy, business case, and action plan; then drive a team to execute in market.
- Experience building cross-functional consensus. Not afraid to recruit internal cross-functional team members as well as executive sponsors.
- Strong project manager. Individual is expected to play both the role of cross-functional team lead (PMO) and marketing subject matter expert.
- Experience commercializing product launches.
- Energy to champion initiatives and gain organizational alignment while also having the discipline to stop projects that do not meet action standards.
- Strong business acumen. In partnership with Finance able to quickly build pro-forma P&Ls, challenge economic assumptions, and optimize economic levers to deliver strong business cases.
- Able to operate in a lean organization with limited resources. This role currently has 1 direct report. Individual will have access to cross-functional resources and external contractors when needed.
- Proven success leading the following types of initiatives from consumer insight, through validation, to in market execution and post-analysis:
- Packaging & formula development
- Brand positioning & creative development
- Media planning and buying
- Consumer Promotion
- Strong brief writer. Able to clearly direct agencies, product developers, and research partners by distilling information that matters most, while not including "nice to have" information. Able to clearly define SMART objectives.
- Able to build clear consumer/market driven pricing/trade strategy and tie it back to the P&L.
- Able to quickly build rapport with the field, listen to input, and drive both regional and national consensus.
- Strong proficiency in IRI/Nielsen and internal shipment/financial databases.
- 25% travel.
What's on Offer
The Senior Brand Manager base salary will be $120k-$140k, commensurate with experience, plus 15% annual bonus potential.
This position is based in Houston, TX - please do not apply unless you live in Houston or are willing to relocate to Houston.