- Save Job
- Email job
- Leading international law firm
About Our Client
This law firm's Mergers and Acquisitions Practice represents a wide range of clients in complex corporate and M&A matters, both nationally and internationally. Their market-leading performance has been recognized by leading business and legal publications, including Chambers, Legal 500, Best Lawyers, IFLR 1000, and Pitchbook.
They handle all aspects of M&A, providing assistance with structuring and negotiating transactions, and advising on antitrust, securities, tax, intellectual property, labor, employment, environmental, and other matters.
They provide exceptional value to their clients, thanks to the deep experience of their M&A lawyers, their business acumen, and their practical approach to acquisition and divestiture work.
- Conduct due diligence and prepare diligence reports and memorandums
- Draft and review transaction documentation, including asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, escrow agreements, disclosure schedules, bill of sale and assignment and assumption agreements, secretary/officer certificates, stock powers, FIRPTA certificates, written consents, closing statements, and director/officer resignation letters.
- Draft merger agreements, certificates of merger, written consents, and coordination of filing of certificates.
- Serve as outside general counsel or as special counsel to clients from publicly traded corporations (including Fortune 500 Companies) to emerging and entrepreneurial companies and their investors.
- Clients do business globally and you'd assist them with cross-border transactions in North and South America, Europe, India, China, Japan, and the Middle East.
- EC/VC: Series Seed and Series A financings, drafting ancillary documentation and conducting due diligence. Conduct SAFE and convertible note financings, and loan facility financings.
- Manage corporate governance matters.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified candidates will have at least 6 years of law firm experience drafting and negotiating complex transaction documents
- Experience with either M&A or Venture Capital is crucial, and a desire to practice in both areas is welcome.
- Must have JD
- Must be admitted to practice in the state of NY
What's on Offer
- Rare opportunity to join a hybrid lifestyle firm that offers sophisticated cross-border transactional work in a high-performing, low-ego environment
- 1800 billable hour requirement
- Legal Subsector
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Andrea Zdralea
- Job reference