Senior Director of Clinical Development - R&D - Lexington, MA
Based in Lexington, MA
About Our Client
My client is a large, publicly traded pharmaceutical firm with this headquarters overseas. They specialize in the research and development of Oncology related pharmaceuticals. This role is exclusive to Michael Page Boston. Apply online today for immediate consideration!
Reporting into the Chief Medical Officer of the USA, the Senior Director will oversee 6 x R&D development programs here in the United States. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee the direction, planning, execution, and interpretation of clinical trials/research and the data collection activities.
- Participate in global portfolio and disease area vision and strategy
- Establish and approve scientific methods for design and implementation of clinical protocols, data collection systems and final reports.
- Anticipate internal and external drivers of changes to strategy, and respond by making well-judged and rapid revisions to clinical/portfolio strategy
- Accountable for Clinical Excellence across the portfolio
- Ensure rigorous adherence to quality and compliance
- Development methodology for programs with new indications or new disease areas
- Accountable for high quality, timely and cost-efficient execution of the clinical development programs
- Actively monitor the portfolio, identify risks and implement preventive and corrective actions as indicated
- Provide medical input into Business Development & Licensing assessments
- Participate in the building and improving of the global clinical system of the group.
This role is exclusive to Michael Page Boston. Apply today and your resume will be considered within 48 hours. This role has NOT been put on hold and they are actively recruiting, despite the global climate.
The Successful Applicant
- MD degree
- 10+ years experience in clinical development, or related experience
- Fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin is ideal but not essential
- Experience in oncology space is ideal but not essential
- Hands-on experience in the design and execution of controlled clinical trials, has developed and overseen the implementation strategies
- Have broad expertise or unique knowledge and skills to contribute to development of group objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Able to identify and implements methods, techniques, procedures and evaluation criteria and to guides the successful completion of major programs, projects and/or functions.
- Experience in international pharmaceutical groups would be an advantage
What's on Offer
- $ 300,00 to $ 350,000 base salary (dependent upon experience)
- Performance related short term bonus
- Performance related longer term bonus
- Competitive benefits program
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Lexington, MA working location (please note that working from home is not available for this opportunity).