Senior Director of Marketing
Family owned company in the housegoods consumer market
You will lead a team of 15+, leading all of Marketing for the Organization
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned company in the space of premium homegoods. An established company operating in premium wholesale distribution to retailers and e-commerce channels.
Reporting to the CMO and Co-Owner, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and be accountable for the brand vision, strategy, and results of campaigns both online and offline.
- Create quarterly plans that align our marketing, creative, and cross-functional teams on new product launches, markets, new verticals, e-commerce, and more. It's important to communicate and calendar in a way that empowers the team, while lending visibility into the broader company strategy.
- Lead and manage a marketing/creative team of +15 people.
- Play a key role in building our team with new hires across disciplines such as performance marketing, content creation, email, social and more.
- Oversee production team responsible for biweekly photoshoots.
- Identify, test and scale new marketing ideas that resonate with our customers and our community.
- Identify and own the communication with vendors and outside agencies that support us, such as packaging, printing, PR, or paid media.
- Lead strategy and execution for teams that create and distribute marketing assets for different customer types including retailers, designers, and third party e-commerce partners (such as Wayfair, Amazon, etc).
- Manage change and train new employees as our team grows.
- Create an environment that fosters creativity, performance, and structure.
- Be a dependable resource for cross-departmental needs. Whether it's a custom product label or a sign needed for one of our showrooms, other departments can count on you to see it through and meet deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant marketing leadership experience as a Director or Senior Manager.
- You're a natural-born storyteller. You believe in the value of a strong brand and enjoy the art and science of telling its story.
- You're a leader and doer. You do strategy well, but you also roll up your sleeves and help execute.
- You value a consistent and harmonious brand message across all channels.
- You question assumptions.
- You have an exceptional work ethic and are highly self-motivated. You refuse to work anywhere that accepts average.
- You're a fair, constructive leader who enjoys helping your team grow.
- Experience with Netsuite, Shopify and Basecamp platforms is a plus.
A key qualification for this role is the experience of having worked for both Mega Brands and Smaller companies, preferably someone that thinks long term about their career and can find a fit being part of a family owned company with high expectations as a player in the luxury segement of their market.
What's on Offer
We're looking for a great storyteller with an ability to develop, measure, and amplify campaigns to the right audience. Our goal is to create an emotional connection-and always do it in a way that feels on brand.
If you have experience leading a marketing/creative team, enjoy using both sides of your brain, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The context of this role is to succed the current CMO's Marketing Leadership functions to provide him with an opportunity to play a bigger role in his General Management responsibilties.
This position will not offer a target bonus or LTI's. The variable compensation is 100% discretionary based on company performance.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.