Senior Director Operations
Responsibility across APAC
Managing a large team across locations
About Our Client
My client is a Global Footwear organisations with Operations, Manufacturing and Retail across the world. Headquartered in US, they are continuing to develop their technologies and brand to stay ahead of the competition. This will be based in their APAC HQ where they deal with predominantly the Sourcing, Product Development and Quality of the product.
As the Senior Director of Operations, you will initially be coming in to work closely with the current GM on areas such as Packaging, Brand Protection and Ordering as well as the HR piece. This will be to understand the business across the APAC region as well as to open good communications with the US business. You will then take on more responsibilities to include:
* working on the Sourcing, Product Development and Quality for the 3rd party suppliers and putting in best practice within these factories.
* dealing with a highly complex ordering department with 1000s of SKUs and a very large order book which needs to be carefully watched.
* working on continuous improvement and coming up with initiatives to improve the business.
* dealing with the administration across the different offices , looking at the training and development as well as making sure that legal requirements are upheld.
* looking at where the future of the business should lye; where the sourcing should take place and how to ensure that the risk is mitigated whilst getting the best possible deals.
Above all, you will be the escalation point in the company; responsible for dealing with the US and letting them know how the business is performing and any initiatives that you want to in-still. A very senior position with huge responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be at GM level within an organisation and be a real expert in the Footwear Industry. Having come from a Sourcing, Quality and Product Development background, you will have developed at a rapid rate and be able to show tangible results throughout your career. Other attributes include:
* experience within best practice organisations with substantial volume across multiple different locations.
* previous work experience in dealing with remote line managers and have an understanding of how to grow and develop this relationship.
* ideally operations experience within Packaging, HR and CSR and previous P&L responsibility will be an advantage.
* experience of managing large teams of highly motivated professionals (100+) and have gone through significant change management programmes.
You will be down to earth and have high integrity with a great reputation in the industry. This will be a challenging role and will need a lot of commitment from whoever takes it on.
What's on Offer
A great chance to eventually manage a very large business across APAC; a very senior position within the Sourcing industry.