Senior Director; QA
Global resposnsibility for QA
World renowned brand
About Our Client
My client is a World leading Retail organisation with the head office in US. With chains of Hypermarkets, Discount Stores and Grocery Stores, they also own some smaller brands under their group and are valued in excess of $500b.
As the Senior Director; QA, you will be running a sizeable team professionals across the region. Based in Hong Kong, you will be looking after the Quality and Technical Assurance functions, dealing with all areas of spend. This will include, but not be limited to; Home, Electrical, Footwear Toys, Hardlines and Softlines and you will have autonomy to put in place the process and procedures to ensure that the Quality is upheld. Other responsibilities include:
* looking at remotely located teams of engineers both in Asia and in US, with added responsibility for the Distribution Centres.
* putting in robust customer returns policies to ensure the quality is kept to the highest standard for the 3rd party manufacturers.
* capturing all data from the returns side to analyse the supplier base and put in place the vendor scorecards.
* troubleshooting and being an escalation point for the team.
Overall, you will be ensuring the quality and the delivery of the products are with the end users and that the reputation of the business is upheld.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have spent more of their career in the Quality area, dealing with multiple categories for a very diverse vendor base. Ideally working at a Global level, you will have worked on huge ranges of products and have worked in Best Practice Quality organisations. Other attributes include:
* experience of managing large teams of professionals in multiple locations.
* working across Aftersales Customer Experience, Certification, Inspections, Compliance and Audit and have created overall strategic plans within your previous roles.
* ideally have a technical background, understanding the different quality standards and how they need to be enforced.
* Director level access to decision making from your previous roles and a track record of implementing new initiatives.
You will be highly driven and be able to formulate a Quality plan that will not restrict the business, but help to increase profitability from having a better product.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work in one of the most sophisticated Quality departments Globally, with the support and growth opportunities that are usually not on offer.