- Corporate issuers, debt capital markets, structured finance, ratings advisory
- Global, leading Ratings Agency. London
About Our Client
Leading Ratings Agency
Exciting opportunity for a Director / Senior Director, Business Relationship Management - Corporates & Structured Finance with a leading Ratings Agency in London
The role is based within the Business & Relationship Management ("BRM") group in London, which leads business development and marketing efforts for the firm.
The role is within the EMEA Corporate BRM team, which is responsible for the growth and development of the corporate ratings portfolio. This team is responsible for managing relationships with corporate issuers, investment banks, debt advisory firms and private equity firms. The team has a primary focus on banker relationships based in London and also oversees coverage across our client's network of offices in the EMEA region.
Our client seeks an experienced Business Developer for the EMEA Corporates team to be based in London. As an integral member of the Business & Relationship Management group, this role offers the opportunity to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team in a demanding, ever-changing and growing business environment. This is a new business development and relationship management role, focusing on corporate issuers based in the UK & Ireland.
Reporting to the Head of New Issuer Marketing, this highly motivated and ambitious individual will be jointly responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy for the Corporates business in the UK & Ireland. This will entail building, leveraging and managing relationships with Corporate Issuers and occasional interaction with London-based bankers (primarily Rating Advisors) with the aim of growing existing revenue streams and winning new rating mandates in these countries, as well as supporting and leading business initiatives in the EMEA region.
An important aspect of the role will be to continue to raise the profile of the firm through consistent marketing to Corporate issuers.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- The origination of new rating mandates directly from UK & Ireland corporate issuers as well as supporting new mandates that have originated from bankers, advisors and sponsors. Corporate Issuers to include both Investment Grade as well as Non-Investment Grade companies
- Management of a growing portfolio of existing issuer relationships (in conjunction with the other members of the London-based Issuer Relationship Management team). Business retention and existing relationship management is an important feature of the role.
- Work in conjunction with colleagues in the Banker & Sponsor team and the Investor Development Team, as they also leverage relationships to source new leads and mandates
- Responsible for expanding the brand within the region. Partnering with the existing London team (including the EMEA 'Visibility Manager'), the ideal candidate will be creative in developing ideas for brand promotion and engagement with the target issuer market, especially with companies designated as 'key targets' for the firm
From the outset the individual will enjoy a significant degree of autonomy and responsibility, with excellent opportunities for self and career development. The role involves occasional travel around the UK and Ireland.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and experience:
- This role requires an experienced individual with highly developed and proven successful business development, marketing and sales skills.
- Extensive years of experience in capital markets with significant experience of banking/corporate finance experience or direct interaction in a business development role with corporate CFOs/Treasury staff, and a demonstrated record of achievement in this area
- An established network of corporate CFO and Treasurer contacts would be extremely advantageous, particularly those at FTSE 100 companies
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate confidently and persuasively at senior management level
- Strong marketing, interpersonal and negotiation skills are a pre-requisite.
- Self-starter with the motivation to initiate their own sales & marketing strategies and execution plans.
- Excellent English language skills is essential, a second European language would be an advantage.
- Able to work independently within a strategic framework whilst maintaining high standards and show excellent attention to detail
- Team oriented, with ability to effectively build relationships both externally and internally.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and experience of financial data systems such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv preferable. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- University degree, preferably in a business-related discipline. Other professional or business qualification (e.g. MBA, Master's Degree) would be an advantage.
This role requires detailed understanding of Corporate Finance and the debt capital markets (bonds and loans), including experience of the High Yield and Leveraged Finance marketplace, ideally gained from an origination or advisory role at a financial institution or credit rating agency. An understanding of corporate credit analysis would be an advantage. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at a senior level. Strong marketing and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite with a successful track record of developing commercial relationships and opportunities.
What's on Offer
The package will be competitive