Senior Director Software Development
Interesting and challenging transformation project
Global senior position within consumer electronics industry
About Our Client
Our Client is a leading consumer electronics company that designs and develops one of the most innovative set of products for the international market.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the successful candidate will lead the way in developing software for IOT, cloud connectivity and analytics, while delivering products and ingredients for business units. The person in the role will be in charge of the core, gaming, mobility, and new product categories which constitutes over 60% of the total revenue.
He/She will have a team of close to 100 employees and contractors; direct reports will include leaders in Cloud technology, Voice, Control and SDK, UI and Applications. Engineering locations include California, China, Taiwan, Ireland and Switzerland. He/She will also be responsible for building partnerships/relationships internally with the business leaders.
The Senior Director Software Development will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Lead a Software Development team for current and future products with the objective to deliver high quality software, offering a terrific User Experience;
- Effectively manage globally distributed teams of employees and contractors;
- Assess the team skills, build and coach strong team with skills in the cloud-based e-commerce platforms and technologies;
- Collaborate with business, UX and product owners and drive innovative ideas for the e-commerce experience.
- Drive innovative technical solutions in the areas of architecture, infrastructure, integration, tools, deployment methods, testing and quality assurance, performance optimization, metrics and dashboards;
- Ensure scalability, robustness and reliability of the e-commerce platform, services and systems and support our IT Center in troubleshooting and incident resolution;
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve processes, architecture and organization and communicate progress, results and opportunities to business and technology executives;
- Work with suppliers and technology partners, optimize the spend on external resources and continuously increase the level of services through tenacious vendor management practices;
- Establish a data-driven and fact-based culture, leveraging application performance and quality management tools KPIs;
- Meet development and delivery schedules;
- Bring Cloud Computing and breakthrough solutions to market;
- Effective budget management;
- Notices trends in the industry or marketplace and develops plans to prepare for opportunities or problems.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- BS in Computer Science or BSEE is required; MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred;
- At least 10 years of experience gained within software development and people management, with a solid background in in the world of IOT and cloud technology and products to create a terrific User Experience;
- Previous experience and deep understanding of Agile Development, Cloud (including connectivity and analytics), and architecting and operating high performance, high volume e-commerce systems;
- Deep understanding of Physical, Virtual and Cloud Infrastructure, with the ability to brought products from launch to full go to market phase (end to end processes).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an effective approach at all functional and cultural levels;
- Proactive and problem-solving attitude, capable of working autonomously as well as collaboratively;
- Excellent proven leadership skills, with both influencing expertise and hands on attitude;
- Resiliency, flexibility, team-working, decision making and strategic thinker;
- Ability to set priorities and identify change items to improve the business;
- Proficient ability to manage changes and to make difficult decisions in a timely manner;
- Excellent technical expertise, analytical thinking and continuous improvement approach oriented;
- Fluency in English is required.
What's on Offer
Outstanding opportunity for an individual with the experience, skills and confidence to take on a senior leadership role and advance technology for a great User Experience.