- International organisation
- Based in Geneva
About Our Client
Our client is a global standard setting, service providing and advocacy organization in the transport industry based in Geneva.
Our client is active is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic industries in the world, highly leveraged to macroeconomic conditions, with a performance shaped by a wide range of policy and economic characteristics that make it of great interest to applied economists and forecasters.
The economics team is engaged across the world on a variety of key business and policy issues, supporting our work with regulators, governments, financial markets, suppliers, the media and with their members.
Our client is looking for a Senior Economist, based in their Geneva office, to join their international team of economists with a range of backgrounds and nationalities.
The senior economist will undertake market analysis and forecasting
- Building and running forecasting models, undertaking econometric and other analysis of the drivers of markets
- Preparing a range of regular and occasional written outputs to final (publishable) standard;
- In conjunction with joint-venture partners, maintaining and developing the long-term forecasts;
- Establishing productive working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders and being responsive to their requests for assistance;
- Contributing to the management and development of junior members of the team.
The Successful Applicant
- Between 5-10 years' experience as an applied economist in either a public or private sector environment
- Masters-level degree in economics
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Be highly numerate with economic modelling and forecasting skills and experience
- A first class level and experienced communicator
- Understand the worldwide business environment for the transport industry
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and in a multi-cultural work environment.
What's on Offer
- Well-known organisation
- Highly competitive salary package plus benefits.
- Home office