Senior Electrical Engineer - Industrial
Electrical design and equipment for industrial and utility facilities
Key role in the successful execution of projects
About Our Client
Our client is a recognized industry leader in process and facility infrastructure design and performance. They serve clients in the United States, Canada and Central America and have capabilities not commonly found in traditional engineering firms, including their commissioning work and their ability to drive projects of all sizes.
- Familiar with the electrical design and equipment for industrial and utility facilities with medium and low voltage systems.
- Designs one or more of the following: power distribution systems (primary requirement), including studies such as load flow, short circuit, arc flash, harmonics and coordination studies.
- Prepares engineering documents and equipment specifications to meet contracted scope of work and to ensure application of Electrical Engineering Principles (e.g. network analysis, selective coordination, grounding, harmonics, etc.).
- Provides construction observation and/or inspection and field support of startup and commissioning of electrical systems.
- Possesses a basic understanding of Architectural, Mechanical, Civil and Structural Engineering construction practices
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering and a Professional Engineering registration in Minnesota are required. P.E. registration in other upper-Midwest states is highly desirable.
- Strong proficiency in electrical power system design in their core discipline
- Strong electrical design experience across a variety of utility and infrastructure projects including medium and low voltage design
- Interaction with Designers, Engineers and Project Managers.
- With a minimum of 8-10 years of experience following graduation
- Has strong knowledge of Codes (e.g. NEC, NFPA, IBC, Life Safety Code, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Adaptable and agile, responsive to quick changes in direction.
What's on Offer
Attractive Package (Relocation cost)Ideally Saint Paul - Minnesota, but eventually open to Cincinnati