Senior Finance Business Partner
An opportunity to work for a market leading FTSE PLC in the Midlands
A high profile entry position, with exposure to the UK Board
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading FTSE PLC, with undoubtedly one of the largest finance teams in the Midlands. They are one of the few FTSE listed groups in the Midlands able to support and offer a career locally. Finance is at the front and centre, leading the business in meeting its challenges and opportunities.
The business truly values finance business partners. They are fully integrated members of the business management team, setting strategy and driving themselves and those around them to add value and with a genuine opportunity to reach their full potential.
This is a Senior Finance Business Partner opportunity to the UK Exec to be based in the Midlands.
It is a high profile opportunity, with exposure to the UK Board, so one of the best entry routes into this highly successful Midlands based PLC. Responsibilities will include:
- To challenge discussions around commercial performance
- To understand the financial challenges being faced and to strategically influence business stakeholders to deliver options which meet financial targets. This will encompass a number of different corporate functions and their respective leaders, which make up the UK board.
- To ensure provision of consistent, high quality financial information, reinforced by high quality insight and financial advice, supporting the business to deliver the right financial outcomes and to help drive sustainable performance improvement
- To lead a team and to drive a high performance culture within the finance business partnering community
- To impact the the shape of commercial and non-financial performance related decisions
- Drive the management of performance, financial risks and the implementation and maintenance of controls
- Lead the long term business and financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes to drive performance
- Act as the finance lead on the investment appraisal process across the different functional areas you are responsible for
The Successful Applicant
For this Senior Finance Business Partner opportunity in the Midlands, successful candidates must have/be:
- A fully qualified accountant (ACA,CIMA, ACCA) with significant post qualification experience
- It is essential to have a track record as an experienced Finance Business Partner - acting as a trusted advisor using strategic insight to deliver tangible performance improvements
- Ideally to have worked in another significant FTSE listed, large corporate business
- Planning, forecasting and budgeting - expert
- Extensive experience in financial analysis and investment appraisal , with a track record of successful delivery
- An excellent influencing ability with senior stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent commercial skills
- A good strategic outlook
What's on Offer
Up to £85,000 basic salary and highly competitive benefits package including a car/ car allowance, bonus and pension