Senior Fund Administrator - Private Family Office - Beverly, MA
Boutique Family Office based in Beverly, MA
Reports directly into the Director of Finance
About Our Client
The employer is a private yet prestigious boutique wealth manager/ multifamily office based in Beverly, MA. They have been in existence for over 100 years and cater to a large, prominent, high net worth, New England family. Over the years, their business has evolved to cater for the broader family in addition to securing new high net worth clients. They are a Registered Investment Advisor, official trustees, and hold full discretion over AUM in excess of $1b.
They have partnered exclusively with Michael Page Boston to secure their next Senior Fund Administrator.
Due to a recent internal promotion, a Senior Fund Administrator is required to join a private family office/ wealth management firm in Beverly, MA. This is a role that is designed for someone who is looking to secure their next role in a stable, high performing and collaborative family office environment where discretion, intellectual curiosity and having the ability to roll up one's sleeves and get involved at all levels, is highly valued. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Responsible for Trust Administration - verifying that transactions are processed timely and are in alignment with office policies, procedures and trust/client documentation. These transactions include cash movement, transfers, IRA distributions, tax payments, check deposits and other requests. Some transactions such as tax payments, asset free receipts, and asset deliveries are uploaded via Excel due to high volume.
- Ensure all account and contact information in the trust accounting system is up to date, complete and accurate
- Assist with opening and closing accounts which includes setting up new assets, reconciling with transferring firm, filing appropriate back-up for auditors
- Process payroll for family member's household employees
- Assist with overseeing life insurance policies, which includes paying bills on time, tracking 1035 exchanges and helping ensure that the accounting system is up to date with latest valuations
- Assist with other trust accounting functions which includes income posting, trading function, processing corporate actions while timely resolving any processing issues by working with software vendor
- Assist in processing charitable donations and tracking acknowledgments for tax files
- Assist manager with the private equity cash movement - including allocation of capital calls and distributions for various investment funds
- Bill pay of office expenses in QuickBooks
- Help with bookkeeping for a few private equity funds in QuickBooks.
Submit your resume today and Tom Smith will review within 48 hours of submission. If you are deemed suitable, you can expect contact within 72 hours of submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of trust administration/ fund administration
- Understanding of trust accounting, partnership accounting
- Knowledge of partnership and trust tax is a plus, but not essential
- A strong work ethic, loyalty, discretion and the highest ethical standards.
What's on Offer
- $ 70,000 to $ 82,000 base salary (depending upon relevant experience)
- Performance related bonus scheme (10%)
- Extremely competitive benefits package
- Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare PPO - 100% paid by employer for you and the entire family
- Dental and Vision - 100% paid for by employer
- 401K 6% personal contribution is matched by a 5% employer contribution
- Above inflation annual salary increase
- Beverly, MA campus work location
- Boutique working environment
- Close-nit, highly competent, collaborating, team environment with incredibly low staff turnover and high staff retention.