- Senior HR Business Manager position with UK Infrastructure Bank (UKIB)
- Exciting newly created opportunity as a member of the HR Leadership team
About Our Client
UK Infrastructure Bank (UKIB) is the new government owned bank and was launched in June 2021.
The organisation provides £22bn of infrastructure finance, partnering with the private sector and local government, to help tackle climate change to meet the governments net zero emissions by 2050 and to support regional & economic growth through opportunities for new jobs and higher productivity.
UK Infrastructure Bank is a Private Limited Company that is wholly owned by HM Treasury.
The Senior HR Business Manager is a critical and strategic member of the HR Leadership team, supporting the CPO and HR Leadership team in shaping, developing, and delivering the UKIB People Strategy and plan, ensuring that the needs and priorities of UKIB are fully delivered and embedded.
- Support the CPO and HR Leadership team to shape and develop the UKIB People Strategy and plan, ensuring that the people needs and priorities of UKIB are effectively embedded across the Bank and add tangible value
- On behalf of the CPO proactively manage and co-ordinate HR resource, and prioritisation within the HR function to enable successful delivery of the strategic people plan and proactively manage the HR/People risk register on behalf of the CPO
- Work closely and collaboratively with senior HR colleagues to ensure that the HR vision is delivered, the function is well managed, and HR professional capability is developed
- Collaborate with Senior HR Business Partners and other key stakeholders to deliver against the strategic People plan, including the culture and leadership programme, organisational design, workforce strategy and plan, talent sourcing, organisational capability development, Reward framework and underlying dependencies across Procurement, IT and PMO teams
- Collaborate with Senior HR Business Partners and other key stakeholders to positively drive a culture of continuous improvement across the organisation, ensuring strategic and operational priorities are delivered for the benefit of employees
- Conceive, lead and facilitate cross functional workshops to define strategies and associated deliverables, innovatively solve problems, and assess organisational impacts to better enable high performance working and further develop organisational capability
- Plan, manage and develop HR/People content for the UKIB governance forums, including Executive committee, Board committee, Remunerations committee and external committees with other government and Arms Length Bodies as required
- Act as principal contact for all HR/People related submissions for UKIB reports, including the Annual Business Plan and Annual Report and Accounts, providing accurate, concise and seamless data and insight
- Build people management capability within stakeholder groups through effectively embedding leadership and development initiatives and visibly championing values and coaching leaders
- Establish and manage framework for the UKIB Employee Forum to promote employee engagement and employee voice
The Successful Applicant
UKIB look for skilled and results oriented individuals who are motivated to help build the UKIB into an industry-leading institution. The organisation value diversity in their people as well as in ideas and inclusion being at the heart of what they do.
UKIB are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Generalist HR experience with understanding of organisational culture, capability development, Reward, Operational effectiveness, and employee engagement
- Expert in leading and managing change and transformation in complex organisational settings, ideally within Financial Services
- Previous demonstrable experience working in a start-up environment preferable
- People-focused leader with the ability to build collaborative teams across all levels
- Significant experience leading cross functional teams (directly and indirectly)
- Significant demonstrable experience of creating and influencing the future shape of organisational thinking and decision making
- Experience coaching and influencing peers and senior decision makers
- Strong collaboration skills and experience of influencing senior and challenging stakeholders and decision makers
- Ability to think strategically and have vision while also focusing on detail and execution
- University degree / Post Graduate Masters degree in HR or Organisation Development or equivalent relevant professional experience
What's on Offer
A career with UKIB offers a unique opportunity to make a lasting impact and work on cutting-edge technologies that will drive the UK's future.
The opportunity offers competitive benefits and unique learning opportunities from combining both private and public sector skills and experience.