- Save Job
- Email job
- Unique opportunity to join a brand new organisation focussed on sustainability
- Fantastic benefits package
About Our Client
UK Infrastructure Bank (UKIB) is the new government owned bank and was launched in June 2021.
The organisation provides £22bn of infrastructure finance, partnering with the private sector and local government, to help tackle climate change to meet the governments net zero emissions by 2050 and to support regional & economic growth through opportunities for new jobs and higher productivity.
UK Infrastructure Bank is a Private Limited Company that is wholly owned by HM Treasury.
As the Senior HR Business Partner, your primary role will be to coach and manage senior stakeholders, including Executive and third parties, to effectively influence, negotiate and build constructive working relationships that ensure the delivery of the Bank's People Strategy and Business Plan.
As well as line managing the HR Business Partners, the Senior HR Business Partner will lead on all people change including transformation, strategic people projects, organisation design and mergers and acquisitions.
- Support and work alongside the Chief People Officer with the development of the People Strategy and work collaboratively with the HR Senior leadership team to ensure effective delivery of the entire HR service.
- Develop and nurture credible and trusted partnering relationships with Executive and senior leaders across UKIB building high levels of professional credibility and mutual trust.
- Lead, motivate and engage the HR Business Partners, manage performance and development, providing expertise, coaching, and ensuring the delivery of a high-quality service to support the delivery of the Banks's strategic objectives. Ensuring evaluation and continuous improvement of partnering service and interventions to ensure they are effective, affordable and add value.
- Lead and ensure delivery of complex and high-profile people change initiatives across the Bank, e.g., Employee Relations issues, Organisational Design, TUPE transfers, Transformation Change ensuring collaboration between business leaders, Programme Leads, People Services and leading consultation exercises to ensure effective implementation to timescales.
- Lead and manage all employee relations cases, delegating casework to the HR Business Partner as appropriate, to mitigate risk to UKIB and support Executive and Senior Managers through complex case work and employee relations matters.
- Support, coach and advise senior management on key organisational, talent and people matters; effectively coaching senior managers on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, development, and performance management to promote a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Ensure that there is a consistent and quality approach in place for reporting and updating the business and for the development of People Plans. Ensure that requirements for people activity are agreed and fed into the plan to ensure that the needs of the business are met by the entire HR function.
- Build people management capability within stakeholder groups through effectively embedding leadership and development initiatives, visibly championing values, culture, diversity and inclusion initiatives, promoting self-service and coaching senior leaders.
The Successful Applicant
UKIB look for skilled and results oriented individuals who are motivated to help build the UKIB into an industry-leading institution.
The organisation value diversity in their people as well as in ideas and inclusion being at the heart of what they do.
UKIB are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Extensive senior HR business partner experience in complex Financial Services/Public Sector settings enabling the role holder to provide leadership to others (directly and indirectly) across functions systems, processes and challenges - essential.
- Substantial depth and range of understanding and experience of professional strategic and tactical issues in a complex context.
- Experience of scaling a business advantageous but not essential.
- Strong collaboration skills and experience of influencing senior and challenging stakeholders and decision makers - essential.
- Significant experience of coaching and influencing peers and senior decision makers in ambiguous and challenging decisions, including experience of offering challenge and holding others to account for decision making and strong problem-solving ability.
- Significant demonstrable experience of creating and influencing the future shape of organisational and functional thinking and decision making through horizon scanning, making connections, innovating and pragmatically shaping evolving solutions, staying curious and creative.
- University degree / Post Graduate Master's degree in HR or Organisation Development or equivalent relevant professional experience.
- CIPD membership (Chartered or Fellow) and/or equivalent relevant professional experience.
- Strong in MS Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Workday.
What's on Offer
A career with UKIB offers a unique opportunity to make a lasting impact and work on cutting-edge technologies that will drive the UK's future.
The opportunity offers an extremely competitive benefits package.
- Human Resources
- Human Resources Subsector
- Financial Services
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Amy Smith (nee Procter)
- Job reference