Senior HR Manager Digital Transformation
Exciting change management role to support a fortune 500 digital transformation
As a Senior HR BP, your role is to be a positive disruptor in a global scale
About Our Client
Our client is a fortune 500 company, based in Houston, who is preparing for digital transformation. We are looking for an HR Business Partner who has been part of an internet/100% digital company, who is able to help transform the way the organization deals with digitalization and the disruptive moment between generations in the work environment.
It is a MUST to have a candidate that has lived an internet/start up scenario and growth, to be able to relate and cause positive impact in a more traditional business industry.
The role holder takes a lead on organization efficiency, modernization and transformation in their business and acts as a catalyst for change within their business and the HR function.
Reporting to the VP of HR Technology & Innovation, your main responsibilities will be:
STRATEGY & PLANNING
In partnership with the business leadership team, define the long-term and mid-term HR strategy:
- Bring diverse perspectives into the business, leveraging external trends or experiences and best practice in support of providing positive disruption
- Define the objectives, operating model, services and plans required to support business growth/performance, employee alignment, performance and engagement, culture and leadership strength
- At the business level, own/contribute to the design and delivery of global/local HR policies & procedures
- Deliver reliable, compliant and secure HR operations in support of the business
- Review and agree significant organization-wide or individual proposals, prior to these being implemented
- Ensure health, safety & duty of care for our people
- Monitor external legal context / internal 'weak signals' to resolve/pre-empt Employee/Industrial Relations issues in partnership with People Advisors and Employee Relations/Legal COEs
- Manage change programmes to ensure successful implementation of business strategy
- Ensure plans are in place to positively impact employee morale and engagement
- Partner with leadership team to ensure managers are capable of managing high performing, engaged teams and are taking full advantage of available development support
- Coach People Advisors in managing complex ER cases -context & oversight- and where appropriate manage sensitive or senior cases
- Provide HR leadership in any crisis & continuity management activity in conjunction with local incident management team or business support team
Provide analytics and insights to make robust people and business decisions
- Base people plan on analysis of data and deep understanding of the business and external trends.
- Proactively share insights, risks and opportunities identified with business leadership.
Provide business facing HR consultation and advice to senior leadership
Attract, select and retain the right people from the internal and external market, leveraging our compelling employer brand
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to project manage human resource demand, ensuring that talent & skill requirements are planned for. Provide context for critical hiring requirements and review talent acquisition progress against plan
- Agree compensation offers that have been proposed by Resourcing / Reward
- Advise leaders in decisions about international assignments/ domestic mobility, ensuring that proposals meet business priorities and are commercially sound
Set the strategic talent plan for the business, aligned to business strategy and taking into account the external environment
- Develop and deploy long term integrated talent management strategy to ensure the right people are where they are needed.
- Lead formal talent review - decide approach, in-scope population and Key Performance Indicators, and engage HR team and leaders. Ensure calibration, succession and action planning is undertaken to a high standard.
- Ensure individual and organizational actions arising from talent review are completed, integrated into overall business people plan, and monitored for impact on organization effectiveness
ENVIRONMENTS WHERE PEOPLE & PERFORMANCE THRIVE
Enable all our people to build the capabilities our business values now and into the future
- Identify learning priorities from Talent Review / Talent Forums and work with Talent & Learning CoE as needed to develop appropriate plans
- Ensure the business is taking advantage of learning and development resources available in the various Academies
- Lead on any team development activities with support from CoE specialists/OUR CLIENT'S faculty as required
- Direct People Advisors in delivery of local Learning Management development interventions (where agreed with OUR CLIENT'S University)
- Enable a compliant and high-performance culture through aligned Performance Management, Reward and Recognition frameworks
- Partner with Reward CoE to deliver integrated reward / recognition solutions to the business
- Agree individual reward / retention initiatives
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor Degree and MBA, plus:
- Experience in a high tech environment and what it takes to attract, engage and retain digital and technology capability
- Experience in a product development and delivery organization
- Experience supporting a growing organization in a new sector
- Knowledge of busines partner HR policies and procedures
- Experience of organisation change management
- Experience of working in a matrixed organisation
- HR qualification/accreditation
What's on Offer
If you work in consulting and specializes in digital transformation at organizational development level or has a solid experience as an HR business partner for an internet company, this could be an excellent opportunity to have a global exposure in an exciting transformation project for a large organization.
The role holder operates as a member of a business leadership team acting as a strategic business partner providing business driven insights to support decision making and determine appropriate global / business wide interventions. They also act as coach to that team, and a champion for team effectiveness, values & behaviors and leadership expectations. They are responsible for supporting effective management of people within the business through coaching of business leaders and delivery of a fit for purpose HR service. Along with HR People Advisors, they work closely in partnership with HR services and CoE (Center of Expertise) specialists.
By monitoring external trends and having a strong commercial business understanding, the HR Business Partner acts as a positive disruptor, identifying opportunities to create and sustain high performance at the business level.
RIGHT PEOPLE, RIGHT PLACE, RIGHT TIME
Create and sustain an effective organization to support delivery of business strategy
- Drive strategic workforce shaping and planning to create and sustain an effective organization
- Drive and deliver improvements to organizational effectiveness, design and change management via Organization Design/Organization Effectiveness consultancy and interventions
- Champion the controlled organization, agreeing short to mid-term org structure and sizing with the business
Drive engagement with our people from their very first interaction with OUR CLIENT'S.
- Ensure an inclusive and diverse workplace which reflects the communities in which we operate
- Coach leaders to maintain and promote an environment of respect and dignity
- Support and coach leaders to be role models for diversity and inclusion, through the Values &Behaviors and Leadership Expectations
- Ensure that Diversity & Inclusion is a foundation of the business people plan, and is integrated into all people management activity
- Know the people in the business area and ensure deep awareness of the 'pulse' of the organization