- Save Job
- Email job
- In House opportunity with a multinational banking & financial services company.
- Working with a leading In House legal team.
About Our Client
This is an exciting role working with a highly prestigious global investment bank in their New York City office, Manhattan.
A varied role, working within the In-House Legal Team, as Legal Legal Counsel you will:
- Support the bank with varied key strategic projects
- Advising on and reviewing M&A engagement letters and transaction documents
- Drafting, advising and negotiating a wide range of corporate banking agreements (reimbursement agreements, credit facility letters, non-disclosure agreements and guaranties)
- Working collaboratively with the legal and compliance departments, ensuring product compliance with US and international laws
- Advise on legal risks for existing and new business activities
The Successful Applicant
Demonstrable qualifications/ background for the Legal Counsel:
- Previous In House experience within banking/ financial services preferred, ideally across M&A, international business payments and corporate banking.
- If looking to move In House from a Lateral role, must have M&A/ corporate investment banking client experience
- US Licensed Attorney
- 6-8+ years relevant professional experience
- Able to work autonomously and collaboratively within a wider team
- Excited by a varied portfolio of work, assisting/ advising multiple internal business units including senior stakeholders
What's on Offer
As Legal Counsel, aside from working within a highly thought of In-House legal team you will benefit from:
- Competitive base salary and wider compensation/ incentive plan
- Hybrid working environment: 2-3 days/ week in the prestigious New York, Manhattan office and 1-2 days/ week working from home
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- Generous PTO
- Healthy work/ life balance and extensive wider benefits package, well-being perks etc.
Quote job ref
- Legal Subsector
- Financial Services
- New York
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Anna Jacobs
- Job reference