Senior Legal Counsel
Senior legal role in the heart of a highly successful med-tech setting
Opportunity to be in overaching European strategy including digitalisation
About Our Client
On behalf of our clients, we seek Senior Legal Corporate Counsels. In particular, for a highly successful med-tech organisation, we look for a Senior Corporate Counsel.
How will you as a Corporate Counsel make an impact?
The Corporate Counsel is a key member of the European legal organisation, providing cross-regional internal legal support on a wide range of matters. The initial focus of this role is for the DACH but based on the Team's harmonization and shared services strategy, the reach of this role will be expanded to other regions as needed. The focus of the role will be on supporting commercial, including advising on a wide range of commercial contracts, compliance and regulatory issues (in particular Med-tech Europe) and day to day claims and disputes.
The Corporate Counsel will also be required to provide ad-hoc advice on other legal matters (e.g. data privacy and competition law, customer claims and litigation) and to take an active role in the Team's digitalization strategy by supporting / managing IT systems.
- Responsible for various agreements for all parts of the organisation in support of their objectives, including sales agreements, strategic supply agreements, collaboration / joint venture agreements, IT agreements, co-marketing agreements; term sheets, etc.
- As Go-To person for marketing inquiries, in particular, those related to compliance.
- Take an active role in the digitalization and harmonization strategy, by supporting the improvement of IT tools and / or supporting the deployment of new IT tools.
- Participate in the resolution of a wide range of business, contractual, financial and operational issues.
- Educate and train employees on their obligations under the terms of various contracts and under applicable legal requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Division Counsel across all Groups and on various EMEA matters and initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
What you bring with
- Law qualification from DACH region from recognised Law School
- Strong working knowledge of the German/Austrian legal system. Further international expertise is a plus.
- Good IT knowledge; interest in dealing with / exploring Legal solutions software
- 5-10 years experience, preferably in-house or in a full-service international law firm, representing life science, pharma, bio-tech, med-tech, or other relevant regulated-sector companies.
- Strong commercial awareness and business sense, including the ability to fully engage with and influence business stakeholders.
- Strong experience in contract and licence negotiation/ drafting and general intellectual property law.
- Ability to develop practical processes/approaches, and to drive solutions to completion.
- Strong 'Can Do Attitude, contributor mentality and high motivation required; ability to deal with an ever changing, complex business environment; excellent communication/negotiation skills, robust and enthusiastic self-starter, excellent team player.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English
What's on Offer
The role is an excellent opportunity for a legal professional to gain senior level experience and industry insights at a highly exciting phase of digital transformation.