- Save Job
- Email job
- Banking/ Finance company looking to expand their In-House legal capability.
- Hybrid: 2-3 days in the New York, Manhattan office & 1-2 days/ week at home.
About Our Client
This is an exciting role working with a highly prestigious banking/ financial services organization, headquartered in New York City, Manhattan.
A varied role, working within the In-House Legal Team, as Senior Legal Legal Counsel you will:
- Working closely with business partners, drafting, reviewing and/ or negotiating client agreements, intermediary agreements, service provider and other agreements, preparing/ reviewing forms and other disclosures.
- Providing legal advice to internal business clients on investment advisory, investment company and regulatory issues, supporting with developing new strategies as well as providing counsel on existing strategies.
- Responsible for legal support to key internal partners including product development, sales team, compliance and marketing departments.
- Reviewing annual ADV disclosures and any amendments; assisting with registration and regulatory disclosures for funds, including annual registration statements, N-CSR and semi-annual reports, proxy statements and information statements.
- Providing legal support for responses to regulatory inquiries.
The Successful Applicant
Demonstrable qualifications/ background for the Senior Legal Counsel:
- Essential - possess a J.D. from a nationally recognized law school and at least five years' experience as a lawyer in a major law firm or in the legal department of a leading financial services organization.
- Essential - experience with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Ideally familiarity with insurance mutual funds.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication and relationship building skills, as well as the ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of the team, in a demanding, fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently while demonstrating consistent attention to detail.
- Strong interest and commitment to staying abreast of regulatory developments (e.g., new SEC rules and enforcement proceedings) impacting covered businesses and assisting internal partners proactively to respond to such developments.
- Good judgment and the ability to give business partners clear and timely legal advice.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to fast-paced, changing needs of the organization and business clients.
- Strong work ethic, and high professional and ethical standards.
- Ability to coordinate and work as a team with legal and business partners.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with counterparts at intermediary firms.
- Actively participate in programs of the Prudential enterprise's Law, Compliance, Business Ethics and External Affairs Department.
What's on Offer
As Senior Legal Counsel, aside from working within a highly thought of In-House legal team you will benefit from:
- Competitive base salary and wider compensation/ incentive plan
- Hybrid working environment: 2-3 days/ week in the prestigious New York, Manhattan office and 1-2 days/ week working from home
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- Generous PTO
- Healthy work/ life balance and extensive wider benefits package, well-being perks etc.
- Legal Subsector
- Financial Services
- New York
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Anna Jacobs
- Job reference