Senior Manager / Director - Hardline Sourcing (SEA)
Team Leadership Role
About Our Client
Our retail client is known across North America for its diverse selection of quality products, it's outstanding consumer service combined with a passion for CSR and charity work. Hong Kong is the Asia Regional Sourcing Headquarters and employs a small team for passionate sourcing professionals seeking to bring to market high quality and innovative products.
Reporting the Asia Regional Managing Director (Expat) you will be tasked with:
- Manage the staff in Hong Kong to monitor operational performance:
- Sourcing activities including factory selection, cost negotiation, contracting, placement, production management and the timeliness of all purchase orders.
- Status of new product development projects, prices, margins and sample deliveries.
- Quality procedures, standards and results for items in production.
- Export logistics operations and daily delivery of purchase orders.
- Align Sourcing category/supplier matrix with Product/Category Roadmap and key business partners: Director Sourcing - China, Director Sourcing - North America
- Monitor critical weekly deadlines as determined by management to ensure on time performance.
- Closely scrutinize performance of all factories and suppliers to ensure they meet price, margin and delivery requirements.
- Develop a high-performance Hong Kong team with a collaborative, problem solving culture.
- Continuously strengthen competencies of the Hong Kong staff by updating skills, leveraging best practices and access to training programs, workshops and technology improvements.
- Advise the managing director on training and other capability building programs to increase the professional capabilities of the Hong Kong staff.
- Actively promote productive and collaborative working relationships between Hong Kong staff, China staff and all US personal who work with the Hong Kong team.
- Build strong partnerships with contract manufacturers, suppliers and supply chain partners to achieve sustainable competitive advantage
- Act as the negotiator and facilitator of last resort when sourcing team cannot resolve problems.
- Ensure office administrative functions and HR procedures run smoothly and on time
- Implement strategic operating plans in Hong Kong to ensure sourcing targets are met.
- Ensure Hong Kong activities conform to business, employment and reporting laws and regulation of HK.
- Assist the MD to build annual financial plans including, operating budgets, product margins and P/L targets that meet strategic and profit goals. Implement strategic and tactical plans, taking full responsibility for execution of those plans.
- Monitor business plans and operating budgets to ensure that defined targets and business plans are completed within budget. Advise the general manager of the causes and solutions for cost variances
- Develop factory and supplier sourcing plans to meet product category and volume forecasts.
The Successful Applicant
Key Requirement for the role:
- Extensive experience in business management, planning and financial oversight and including hiring, supervision, evaluation of staff.
- Proven skills in business and operations management.
- Proven results in strategic sourcing and savings/value delivery to the business.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactive and diverse global organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a staff team.
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Proficiency with office computer equipment and software.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast - paced office setting.
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
- Capable of developing aggressive, but achievable plans and achieving or exceeding those plans
- Demonstrates superior quantitative and analytical capabilities, and the ability to translate analysis into tactics and results.
- Proven and effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills in English and 2nd regional language preferred
What's on Offer
This role is perfect for a young professional in the sourcing sector. Hardline sourcing experience from SEA countries is critical. This role is open to foreigners currently based in Hong Kong.