Senior Manager, Logistics Operations
Great Opportunity with a Leading Organization within the Industry
Attractive Remuneration Package
About Our Client
With over 50 years of experience in the market, my client is a leading manufacturer within the food ingredients industry. Being one of the world's leading producer, they have expanded rapidly through organic growth and continuous improvement in their products. With a strong and wide distribution network, their products can be found in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Optimisation of the efficiency levels and achieving overall productivity standards of the Solvent facility
1. Being responsible for the efficient collections of Palm Kernel and other raw materials and meeting the sourcing requirements in achieving the business plan of the Organisation
2. Ensure effective systems, controls and mechanisms are implemented for effective traffic management for all inbound and outbound transportation vehicles.
3. Overall responsibility in monitoring the PKP and PKM sales, buyer collections, dispatches, required transportation, third party inspection and fumigation prior to dispatching including arrangements of external storage facilities if required.
4. Overall responsibility in ensuring of all local deliveries of CPKO and RPKO sales are carried out in a efficient manner, on-time with zero in-transit losses
5. Overall responsibility for the efficient monitoring and coordination on all bulk oil exports
6. Overall responsibility in ensuring in meeting all dispatch schedules and delivery schedules as per the original customer agreement
7. Ensure the availability of structured systems and procedures for the reconciliation of stocks and accounts
8. To ensure right mix of costs/service levels are negotiated with all service providers such as tanker transporters & PK transporters & to ensure long term supplier development
Enhancing process efficiency & controls/systems of the weigh bridge operations
1. Overall responsibility and the supervision of the Weigh Bridge operations and ensure the continuous meeting of the performance and efficiency standards, facilitating the achievement of objectives and the business plan of the Organisation
2. Implement efficient mechanisms and systems in monitoring the accuracy and the efficiency levels of the weighbridge operations and accuracy of all documents
3. Ensure that calibrations are carried out on a periodical basis and the operational efficiency of the weigh bridge is maintained continuously
Developing structured mechanisms for efficient coordination in achieving process improvements of the operation
1. Overall responsibility in maintaining effective coordination and operation between the core operational departments during the receiving and dispatching of all raw materials
2. Overall responsibility in the development of mechanisms for the efficient coordination between the core operational departments relating to all dispatch and receipt schedules
3. Overall responsibility in ensuring the availability of transportation for all dispatches and obtaining the optimum prize levels
Finished Goods Warehouse Operation
1. Overall responsibility for the FG warehouse operations & for all local forwarding operations including container haulage (import & export) operations in order to ensure 100% fulfilment of the shipping plan, zero container shut outs, zero demurrage/detention on both export & import containers
2. To ensure the dept expenses are within the approved budgets and implement productivity & process improvement initiatives to reduce operating costs whilst enhancing operational & process improvements
3. To ensure right mix of costs/service levels are negotiated with all service providers such as flexi-bag vendors, labor contractors, transporters, container haulage providers, forwarding providers & to ensure long term supplier development
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum of 10 years of logistics, distribution, warehouse management, and container shipping experience.
- Working experience in food ingredients processing or liquid manufacturing organisations a MUST.
- Strong working knowledge of export documentations, shipping process and custom clearance.
- Effective verbal and written communication on all levels and both internally and externally.
What's on Offer
- Great Opportunity with a Leading Organisation within the Industry
- High Level Responsibility with Career Progression