- A pure Advisory VAT Senior Manager or Manager role
- A global Investment Banking organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known diversified Investment Bank with operations throughout the world.
As a Senior Manager or Manager within our Indirect Tax team and assist in advising our EMEA businesses. The Division provides taxation advice and support to all areas of our business and manages the Group's relationship with revenue authorities. You will be responsible for providing indirect taxes (VAT and other indirect taxes) support for the EMEA region.
Whilst predominantly advisory focused, a key requirement of this role will be to ensure that the appropriate processes and controls are in place to ensure the full indirect tax life-cycle is effectively managed for the business in EMEA. This is to ensure that we meet our tax compliance responsibilities within each relevant EMEA jurisdiction.
As a senior member of this team, you will take a lead role across a range of activities, including:
- advising Business and Finance on indirect tax issues, including reviewing, and advising on the indirect tax consequences of all new business proposals
- performing technical reviews of indirect tax returns for group and non-group entities
- assisting with the management of tax audits and other revenue authority queries and interactions
- reviews of end-to-end processes and controls, to ensure the correct and efficient delivery of indirect tax returns
- providing indirect taxes training and update presentations to the finance and business teams
- keeping abreast of legislative change in indirect taxes in EMEA
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified and experienced VAT professional either looking to move from professional services or from an established in house VAT role already. Financial services is experience is certainly an advantage but not a prerequisite.
Critical to this role is your ability to balance multiple assignments, successfully manage work plans in an autonomous environment and actively take responsibility and ownership for issues impacting own tasks.
As a senior member of the team, you will enjoy taking a lead role in internal and external stakeholder management and relationship building, providing elevated subject matter expertise and commerciality alongside the ability to apply a strategic view.
What's on Offer
Circa £80,000 - £115,000 plus excellent bonus potential and benefits.