Senior Operations Officer
Senior Operations Officer- multinational bank
Senior Operations Officer to be based in Sandton
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational bank with operations in over 40 countries around the world
The role of the Senior Operations Officer will entail the following:
- Establishing Policy, Procedure, Work flow and other documents of Processing Centre for the Branch.
- Process and verify the Branch SWIFT message, including but not limited to message receiving, message sending, message distributing, abnormal message investigation and processing.
- Process and verify the Branch transactional parameters, such as the interest rate parameters, FX rate parameters, holiday parameters, deposit parameters and etc.
- Process and verify the Branch's account management, including the client's account, NOSTRO, VOSTRO account management which mainly includes account opening, reconciliation, balance monitoring, interest and charge booking and adjustment.
- Process and verify the Branch treasury back office work, including booking Spot, Forward, Swap and Derivative, booking money market and bond trading in system, and finishing settlement for above productions.
- Process and verify international settlement in Branch, productions including LC, guarantee and collection. Work such as issuing, documents checking, settlement and payment for above productions.
- Verify Branch trade finance, which includes bill purchase, forfeiting, refinancing, factoring and etc. Work such as system data input, settlement and repayment for various trade finance productions.
- Process and verify the Branch's transactions in terms of the FinSurv reporting and Exchange Control rules and assist with SARB quarterly and annual audits.
- Manage and monitor the branch accounting in terms of different transactions and productions.
- Optimise the branch core banking system, work such as system TRL testing, system error reporting and etc.
- Assisting Department head doing training in the department.
- Other processing and verifying work when department head ask and be agreed.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Senior Operations Officer role should possess the following:
- Minimum - Bcom degree in Finance or Economics
- Financial services/banking experience
- 5~8 years bank operations function including accounting, settlement, trading finance or clearing
- Mandarin speaking preferable
What's on Offer
R900 000 CTC per annum