Senior Project Accountant - US Virgin Islands
Based "on island" in the US Virgin Islands
Private Equity backed Oil & Gas company
About Our Client
My client is a large, overseas, oil and gas storage facility, combined with a refinery, port and shipping facility. They are private equity backed and the corporate office sits in Boston, MA. They will be investing $2B into their recent acquisition, are in search of a highly skilled, resilient and capable Senior Project Accountant, to assist in the financial management of the Project.
Reporting directly into the VP if Finance, the Senior Project Accountant will be a key member of the Project Management Team and instrumental in the successful execution of the firm's long term strategy on island. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparation of project financials based on percentage of completion under US GAAP
- Prepare the monthly reporting package including project financials, forecast, working capital and cash flow metrics
- Ensure Monthly invoicing is done to the client based on milestones achieved
- Co-ordinate with Tax team to ensure Tax compliance on the project for Indirect Taxes, Customs duty and direct taxes
- Co-ordinate for the issuance of bank guarantees for the project and ensure timely re-collection or extension as appropriate
- Consolidate and present to the management the project financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Review periodically foreign currency exposures on the projects and coordinate with treasury to place appropriate hedges
- Provide meaningful and timely financial information to management.
- Enforce compliance with financial policies and procedures on projects.
- Prepare and coordinate project cash flow based on input from all relevant sources.
- Identify any Capital expenditures on the project and ensure accounting as a long term asset
For your resume to be considered, please submit promptly using the associated link. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you will be contacted within 48 hours of submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required.
- Master's, MBA or CPA required
- 10+ years of Project Accounting experience in a Capital Projects/ Infrastructure environment
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to be based on the US Virgin Islands
What's on Offer
- $100,000 to $ 130,000 base salary
- Extremely competitive performance related bonus scheme
- Generous benefits program
- 401K plan and company contribution
- US Virgin Islands work location
- Relocation and living support when "on island".