Senior Project Manager / Mine Planning Engineer
Excellent Opportunity to Join an Established Mining Company
Gold and Silver Mining Production
About Our Client
Our client is an established mid-tier gold and silver producer with a diversified portfolio of projects throughout the Americas and headquartered in Toronto Ontario Canada. The organization recently acquired a portfolio of advanced stage exploration projects located in Timmins Ontario. The company is well funded, and intends to aggressively develop the Timmins projects targeting production by mid-2018. As a result, the organization is looking to secure a seasoned Project Manager / Mine Planning Engineer to join their team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Short and long-term planning of all mining activities from drilling, charging and blasting to the loading and hauling of ore and waste;
- Assist in delivering quality mine designs and sustainable production schedules to facilitate orderly development and cost efficient exploitation of ore reserves;
- Provide design reviews while contributing to the development of the mine's operating schedule;
- Consult and collaborate with the Engineering and Geology teams to ensure that grade control and plant quality feed requirements are met;
- Distribute and communicate short and long-term planning reports to the Mining Engineer and other relevant management personnel;
- Monitor, assess and evaluate adherence to short and long-term plans and advise of corrective action on any deviations or required changes;
- Complete reconciliations of actual versus target production performance;
- Prepare cost analysis and estimates of mine planning activities to feed into overall operational budget reports;
- Monitor associated working costs to identify equipment and materials for capital budget considerations;
- Develop, establish and maintain a management information system while conducting benchmark exercises to improve mining operations;
- Other duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
BSc. Degree in Mining Engineering and be a registered Professional Engineer. In addition to ten (10) years experience in Mine Operation and Engineering, including start-up phase at an underground mining environment, you will also demonstrate:
- Advanced computer skills (ie. DataMine, Minesite, Microsoft Office etc.);
- Exceptional planning, organizational, communication and problem solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English);
- Strong expertise in project management;
- Ability to liaise effectively with management teams and deal with complex problems; and
- Strong knowledge of Federal and Provincial mining & safety legislation and regulations.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package including benefits, vacation and bonus.
Salary will be commensurate with experience: $150K - $200K target