- Are you looking for an opportunity to join a market leading business
- Exciting opportunity to join a leading educational institution
About Our Client
The American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS) was founded in 1964 and each year arranges for over 40,000 students to study and travel abroad on a wide range of programmes. These include Au Pair in America; AIFS Abroad offering full year, semester, summer study abroad programmes at 26 campuses worldwide; Camp America; educational tours for American high school students worldwide (ACIS); and a programme for international high school students to spend a year at a US high school (Academic Year in America).
AIFS has offices in London, UK as well as in the United States in Stamford, CT and Boston, MA. Other offices are located in Bonn (Germany), Sydney (Australia) and Warsaw (Poland). Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students and teachers have participated in AIFS programmes worldwide.
Au Pair in America, a J-1 US cultural exchange visa sponsor, has recruited in excess of 100,000 au pairs worldwide since 1986 and arranges for them to live with a host family in America for a year in exchange for assisting with childcare for up to 45 hours a week. AIFS was the first cultural exchange organisation to be designated by the United States Government as a J-visa sponsor for this programme
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Managing Director for the UK, the US SVP for Au Pair in America based in Stamford, CT and the wider leadership team, contributing to the strategic leadership and management of the organisation, playing a crucial role in the success and delivery of the strategy for Au Pair in America.
- Establishing and overseeing Au Pair recruitment strategy and innovations to achieve growth and agreed targets. Working with the recruitment offices in Germany (AIFS DE), Poland (AIFS Poland) and Australia
- Overseeing external supplier (agency) contracts and performance, ensuring all external partners are fully trained on US Department of State au pair regulations.
- Managing the budget preparation, management and delivery, reporting to the senior team at the quarterly board meetings.
- Supporting your team of 14 to deliver their very best, helping them to develop and grow, fulfilling their potential.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have worked in a customer focused business with an international presence and have proven leadership and stakeholder management experience.
The role requires someone with a commercial mindset, good financial skill set and the ability to embrace the digital ambitions of the organisation whilst having an interest in the education sector. Ideally you will have worked in a sales, recruitment or a marketing role at a senior level.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join a fast-paced international cultural exchange business which is still growing and is a market leader in their specific arena of cultural exchange. We believe this to be one of the most unique opportunities of its kind currently in the market.
What's on Offer
Very competitive base salary plus highly competitive bonus and executive benefits package.
Closing date for this role is the 8th June 2022.