- Excellent long term career opportunity
- Market leading manufacturer
About Our Client
Our client who are a global specialist manufacturer of paints and protective coatings are looking to recruit a Site Director for a large key site in the North East, UK. The site has continued to develop and grow over the years and has received a wealth of group investment to help facilitate its growth. The successful candidate will be require to provide a vision for the site which is aligned commercially and functionally with the strategy of the corporate business. Target cultural development of the site and team through, clear vision, transparency, accountability, learning & development & community involvement is a key focus point within the role.
- Oversee all production operations and processes within the site. To include responsibility for Production, Engineering, Quality, Health and Safety and Continuous Improvement functions. Number of Direct Reports 8 and indirect reports >250.
- Direct manufacturing operations & facilities on the site and specialist manufacturing units to assure safe, high quality, on time in full delivery.
- Set the site vision and development master plan through people development, continuous improvement and investments
- Coach, mentor and develop the site management team members and build a team which collectively is capable of and fully involved in achieving the site vision.
- Ensures group strategy is embedded across the site organisation effectively and site development strategy is aligned with business and functional strategy.
- Plan, lead, organise and control the delivery of the site's business objectives and overall performance (in terms of safety, reliability, productivity, service, cost, quality, material/eco efficiency and community stewardship).
- Implement and operate the common HSE platform and identify and respond effectively to hazards in HSE and security.
- Direct & continuously improves Process Safety standards and capability at the site.
- Establish a culture of functional and operational excellence, continuous improvement and accountability, professionalism and commitment to company values and behaviours.
- Accountable for talent management and development across site and responsible for developing a strong talent bench for key positions at site.
- Network with other site directors/ managers / stakeholders inside and outside of group to develop and share knowledge, experience, leverage best practice and exchange of/and building talents.
- Responsible for maintaining meaningful relations with unions, ensuring good corporation on site initiatives.
- Ensures full site compliance through the In Control internal processes, as well as external regulatory and legal compliance.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for communications outside of the site; being responsible for maintaining good relationships internal and with all external bodies (media, attorneys, governmental and regulatory officials, community and business leaders, customers, employer association/association of chemical industry).
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial)
- Significant experience in the manufacturing industry and knowledgeable of production and business processes with a strong background in Engineering, Logistics, Production or HSE.
- Strong track record in leadership, strategy building and effective deployment
- Union & Industrial relationship management track record is required
- Experienced in optimising continuous & batch production processes. Preferably knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing concepts and strong track record in Automation.
- Sound business acumen. Analytical skills, financial knowledge, proficiency in integrated business management systems
- Change management capability
- Stakeholder management should be very strong, handle corporate complexity
- Strategic yet hands on - should be comfortable at all levels of the organisation.
- Team builder - drives accountability
- Leadership style; visible, structured, empathetic but directive. Clearly communicates vision, strategy.
- Comfortable with very challenging targets and have the ability to push, overshoot and bring the team along without demotivating the team.
- Can do attitude, performance oriented, committed to ZERO injuries and end to end vision.
What's on Offer
High competitive basic salary and executive benefits package on offer for successful candidate