Excellent estabalished medical device manufacturer
Continously changing landscape
About Our Client
My client is a complex and diverse organisation who pride themselves on customer care and quality.
They are looking for a manufacturing director for their large, Perak based medical device manufacturing site.
- To be a strategic member of the Global Manufacturing team with specific responsibility for site as site director / managing director
- Lead a diverse group of people
- Focus on continuous improvement, quality and customer service
- Actively drives key talent development
- Ensure that necessary legal, regulatory and corporate compliance systems are in place and adhered to.
- Maintaining and improving the systems to ensure that our products are available to our customers on time and in full to meet all their needs.
- Preparation of budgets in accordance with corporate objectives, requesting assistance from the accounting department when required.
- Determine facility policies are consistent with corporate policies, and direct the application of such policies to facility operations.
- Adhere to and insure compliance with all company policies, rules, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience as or close to Site Director / Managing Director
- Minimum 7 years leadership experience at a senior level in an operations environment involving manufacturing, logistics and distribution.
- Extensive knowledge of the Medical Device and regulatory environment
- WILL CONSIDER EX-PAT
- A Degree in Engineering, Business or related field is a minimum requirement, MBA is desirable.
- Project Management skills and experience
- Experience in a matrix management organisation is a must.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a requirement.
- Must be fluent in English (Native or bilingual proficiency)
- Integrity, courage and respectfulness
- Results-oriented and displays high energy and enthusiasm
- Holds themselves and other accountable
- Business and Finance Acumen
- Understanding of Lean Principles/ TPS and a continuous drive for Improvement.
- Action Orientated
- Decision Quality: Makes decisions based upon the short and long term global strategies
- Strong analytical skills/data driven
- Priority Setting based on business and customer focus context.
- Drives for Results
- Motivates and inspires others by Managing Vision & Purpose
- Identifies talent and builds Teams to increase performance across the company
- Can manage unexpected situations and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Global Operations Peers, People, Quality, Service, Value, Buy, Make, Deliver and Support
- Regulatory and local government representatives
- Key responsibilities will evolve and change over time Travel as required for the tasks to be completed (> 20% time) to attend meetings, seminars, workshops and strategic Global Operations meetings.
- Based in Perak
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary and package.