- Software engineering director required for growing IOT / SAS Technology business
- Engineering Director required to lead, grow and develop the engineering function
About Our Client
My client are a fast growing and highly innovative Technology company providing a unique Cloud based platform associated to their IOT and embedded Technology products which deliver a leading edge customer solution to their various markets and customers internationally.
The scope and scale for growth spans products, territories and new markets and is inevitable. This is a key role as part of developing their Software engineering function and the development of their product road map.
They are offering a very exciting future for whoever joins them!
As Software Engineering Director, you will lead a diverse and distributed software engineering team across different technical disciplines and multiple products. In this role you will be responsible for our Research, Development and QA teams and must have a strong focus on team management, planning, process, and delivery.
You will work within the Technology Division hand in hand with the Product, Project, and Core Technology Teams and with the Customer Experience, Marketing and Operations teams to bring the products and features to market, maintain them and delivering the road map.Translating the product vision into delivered reality is the goal of this role and as such a hugely important part of our business strategy.Responsibilities
- Lead the engineering management team, encouraging collaboration, ownership and responsibility in all managers.
- Day to day responsibility for all engineering aspects of the product development life cycle; architecture, technical specifications, software development, testing, SQA and maintenance
- Lead, manage, enthuse, and mentor multi-shore engineering teams in the UK and international locations.
- Create and share clear departmental structure, career level development plans and inspire team loyalty with a supportive, open, and transparent culture.
- Create, own, and continuously improve all engineering processes, methodologies, and systems.
- Drive and support the architecture and design decisions needed to achieve high performance and cost-effective results.
- Responsible for planning, estimating, and achieving the cost of development projects.
- Responsible for internal and external data and access security of development and production product environments.
- Support and contribute to technical design and decision making for the team and the company.
- Support technology vision and road map generation.
- Collaborate with leadership team to align business and strategic goals with technology driven initiatives.
- Along with other department directors make decisions on project stage gates including presenting and judging business, technology, cost and resourcing arguments in order to set team priorities and assess project progress and risks.
- Management of both development and product costs, including teams, third party software packages, services and other product and development infrastructure costs.
- Working with the Product team, ensure that product requirements are properly documented and understood across the whole project team.
- Advocate development best practices in the organization and proactively educate the team on new technologies.
- Work with Project team to ensure product development delivery schedules and reporting and short-, medium- and long-term resource planning.
- Recommend and create next generation infrastructure tools to support development.
- Participate in the design of infrastructure.
- Bring together Architecture, development, dev ops and SQA teams to create efficient and productive development plans
- Interact with functional teams and customers to describe the solution and benefits in non-technical terms.
- Ensure continuous improvement of formal processes to support best practice governance of engineering and product development activity.
- Ensure a high level of collaboration and teamwork across and within the engineering teams.
- People management including coaching, mentoring, and training direct reports.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidates will have a degree in a technical discipline and extensive experience in software engineering management. Preferably include experience delivering IOT or embedded software.
- Experience developing SAS products and an understanding of Cloud based security
- A thorough understanding of software engineering processes and SDLC is essential to driving a productive and effective team
- Experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies.
- Experience scaling applications to meet the demands of a growing product.
- A passionate yet technical leader who is able to lead, manage and grow the team whilst having a product centric view and able to steer the product road map
- Previous Software Development and SAS Product background
- Strong leadership, people management, communication, and analytical skills
- Experience in agile methodologies
What's on Offer
100% Home based role
Competitive Salary - £100,000 - £110,000 (negotiable dependant on exp)
Holidays - 25 days plus statutoryCareer - This company are seriously going places and this role presents an opportunity to lead a well established team and play a key role in the future success of the products and services they take to market.