Sourcing Director - Soft Goods and Materials
Newly Created Leadership Role
Drive Proactive Sourcing Strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Hong Kong headquartered sourcing & manufacturing company with state of the art production facilities in Asia as well as sales offices and prototyping & micro-factory in North America. They have a strong relationship with their core clients and partner with some of the world's biggest brands. To support the company's continuous growth plans and to strengthen their sourcing capability, they are looking for a strategic mindset Sourcing Professional to join the leadership team.
Reporting to the Global COO and leading the sourcing team in Asia region, you will have a critical leadership role to drive the sourcing function forward by creating an efficient & effective global sourcing and commodity category management strategy. You will:
- develop strategic yet efficient sourcing strategy covering multiple sourcing sites globally
- lead and manage an efficient sourcing process
- review current vendors' performance while developing other high quality & cost efficient local & overseas sourcing partners
- work closely with the clients, as well as internally with Operations and Business Development team to come up with innovative ideas
- be proactive and constantly be updated with industry trend and new innovative products available
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned Sourcing Leader with a strategic mindset and proven track record developing value-added global sourcing strategy and transforming a sourcing function while driving effecient savings. You will:
- ideally already have a strong network in the Asia region and other markets
- have hands-on experience leading and transforming a sourcing team & process
- ideally have solid experience in Soft Goods and Materials sourcing, as well as CAPEX with knowledge on product development, price negotiation, QC and manufacturing critical path management
- also lead the Indirect Sourcing
- be a creative sourcing expert with a proactive mindset, and have proven experience in providing value-added innovative ideas on sourcing materials and ideas
- be highly driven with strong attention to details
- possess effective communication skills with fluency in English and Chinese (Mandarin and/ or Cantonese)
This position will require frequent travelling in the region, and overseas.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sourcing Expert to make a difference, transforming the company's sourcing function, and plays a pivotal role in the company's expansion.