Full control of APAC Sourcing
A fast growing organisation with a great brand
About Our Client
My client is a leading British Sports Retailer who have bucked the trend of retail in the UK. With stores across the country and a heavy online presence, they have gone from strength to strength and are continuing to grow. A great culture of innovation, they will be giving this position autonomy to come up with great ideas.
As the Hong Kong based Sourcing Director, you will be responsible for a team of 11 sourcing experts across all categories of apparel and accessories. With an annual spend of $70m, you will be looking at the product development, sourcing, quality as well as areas such as supplier rationalisation. Other responsibilities include:
* Reporting directly to our Asia Pacific region head you will develop, innovate and lead our sourcing strategy.
* Management of all the company's Asia sourcing processes.
* To develop existing regional sourcing partners and all aspects of Supply Chain.
* To provide support to the Groups commercial expansion by proactively developing new sourcing routes
* Conduct regular communications/meetings with our buying/development teams to ensure global consistency where viable
* Liaise with all departments within the business to provide support and direction to enhance the development of the region
You will be owning the overall strategy for the team, working closely with your internal customers to understand the psorting products they require as well as having oversight on where the products are manufactured.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a seasoned Sourcing Director with experience of managing teams in the APAC region. With a successful track record of savings and quality improvement, you will have a strong network within the region and be able to clearly demonstrate excellent stakeholder engagement:
* The ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar environment and able to oversee multiple projects to a high standard.
* Proficient individual with a strong background in product sourcing, ideally in the brand/retail industry but not a necessity
* Be able to demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of sourcing business from product development, price negotiation, manufacturing critical path management, QC & logistics
* Experience in sourcing varied product categories
* Innovative approach to developing new strategies of supply
* Have good focus and talent to develop the role
Above all, you will be highly driven and be able to lead and grow a team.
Good understanding of analytics and presenting reports to the business heads for continued development
Excellent attention to detail
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Be able to demonstrate previous experience implementing and maintaining projects
* Mandarin, Cantonese and English a must.
What's on Offer
A great platform for growth and development in a company where the culture is all about success.