Spain CFO (H/M)
Professional services company
About Our Client
Professional services company
Strategic and Finance Leadership.-
- Financial business partner to the office Managing Director covering all aspects of financial and commercial management.
- A member of the Spanish office leadership team.
- Financial business manager for the Practice.
- Collaborating with, and advising on financial matters, other support function Heads.
- Able to prepare and deliver in-depth financial analysis and insightful narrative on the financial and commercial areas of the business for strategic and operational discussions.
- Able to build relationships and influence at the highest levels and present at director meetings.
- Leader of the Finance team. Direct management responsibility for the function.
- Accountability for all local regulatory/statutory and Group compliance requirements (taxes, financial reporting etc), complete and accurate accounting records, local and group IFRS accounts and for all financial processes, financial and internal controls and procedures. Managing the annual financial audit and year end close process, acting as contact for the external auditors and the Group teams.
- Responsible for financial and management and monitoring of financial results and reporting, as well as providing finance business support for the development of the business, managing costs, cash flows and profitability.
- Working with the Directors to maximize of work product profitability from pitching and pricing to facilitating the review and analysis of client/matter profitability
- Drive improvements in working capital management performance and embed best practice
- Cash management including cash forecasts
- Develop and implementation of ideas / initiatives reflecting best practice for a global company. Ensure that company-wide initiatives are adopted and implemented effectively, timely and appropriately
- Maintenance of close relationships with practice group heads on finance topics
- Supervision and moderation of the budget and business planning process for the office; ensuring completeness, accuracy and compliance with business guidance.
- Deliver courses to fee earners to enhance financial awareness and business skills.
- Active member of the Global Finance Community worldwide
People and performance.-
- Manage and develop a high performing team with equal focus on technical excellence, professional standards, commercial acumen, excellent service levels and timely delivery.
- Ensure the team are able to adapt to the changing needs of the business and the environment.
- Engage, develop, mentor and motivate staff to meet their potential and the team/company goals.
- Champion and embed excellence, innovation and a business focus for the team and the wider business community.
- Create a positive work environment that embraces collaboration and the network.
- Continually improve the team operational environment and working practices.
- Seek opportunities to embed cross-training, succession planning and rounded roles.
- Act as mentor to other finance personnel across the region.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant (current member of a recognised accounting institution) with significant post qualification experience.
- Strong accounting, tax and treasury skills; experience of working in an international environment.
- High level of intellectual ability and able to credibly influence at the highest levels, be fast-thinking, collaborative and proactive.
- Results driven; a proactive, goal orientated approach to delivery and decision making.
- Resilient and enthusiastic individual who is comfortable working with and challenging senior stakeholders to get the right results.
- Outstanding interpersonal and management skills.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach and success in working in a team based environment.
- Clear written and verbal communications explaining complex issues both to financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Comfortable in a world of ambiguous decision making and consultation, with influencing skills and confidence to advise and consider critical success factors.
- Some travel required.
What's on Offer
Una buena oportunidad para tu desarrollo profesional.