Sr. Director Global Engineering - Automotive Electrification
Global Tier Automotive Supplier
Leading global innovation and strategy for automotive electrification
About Our Client
Our client for the Global Director of Engineering Electrification is global automotive tier 1 supplier specializing automotive powertrain solutions. This organization has over 10,000 employees globally and several offices around the world.
The Global Director of Engineering Electrification will be tasked with new product development, product strategy and executive leadership. The Global Director of Engineering will lead a team of 8-10 direct reports globally with a total engineering team of 150.
- Develop, lead, and implement a strategic business plan for new product development and product improvement for a portfolio
- Responsible for leading and communicating the strategic direction for assigned product family & developing the corresponding business plans
- Conduct market research to development a commercial business plan on new product development
- Manage the Product Portfolio Roadmap and align product and functional groups to maximize profitability and growth
- Stay abreast of industry and market trends and understand customer needs
- Build and maintain key relationships with the OEM level with all functional departments, including executive level - Director/VP
- Grow and develop engineering staff
- Ensure engineering staff and strategies are aligned with tooling, purchasing, program management and other business groups
- Play a key role in the management team as a leader in the business with a high level of visibility
- Responsible to develop and executive and short and long-term product development plan and strategy
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree and Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related
- PhD highly preferred
- Must have high technical aptitude and expertise in power electronics and electrification
- 15-20 plus years of experience in automotive engineering environment with strong experience in product design, product development, and product validation with a demonstrable track record of results.
- Most have 7-10 years of management experience leading an engineering team (global preferred)
- Experience with collaborative global engineering teams and/or foreign assignments preferred.
- Ability to understand and identify key market trends, with strategic market development experience
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- High energy, teamwork, and passion for development team members
- Ability to lead, train, mentor, and implement be practices amongst engineering reports
- Ability to travel domestic and globally 40-50% of the time
- Power, electronics, electric, electrification, software, controls, systems, architecture, motors, engines.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $215,000 - $235,000, bonus 35%, LTI (long term incentive), OTE $300,000 - $350,000, car allowance, phone, computer, vacation, full benefits, 401K.