- Global, market leading consumer products organization
- Excellent opportunity for career growth
About Our Client
One of the largest consumer products brands in the world
Responsibilities include the leadership and involvement in daily operations, delivering key performance targets in safety, security, quality, environmental programs, productivity, consumer satisfaction, cost contribution management and organizational morale. The successful management of these responsibilities ultimately impacts the overall effectiveness of the plant, its people and organizational culture/morale, the products it produces, the businesses and consumers it services, and the surrounding community in which the plant resides. Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicate and champion the Vision, Mission, Operating Principles, and Strategies of the Company to its team members and other internal/external clients.
- Lead and participate in the maintenance and continuous improvement of Safety, Quality, Security, and Environmental Programs with involvement from staff to ensure the safety, quality, security, health and well-being of its team members, products, customers and surrounding community.
- Leadership for implementing reports and controls to manage operations in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Overall leadership for ensuring production schedules are established, which most effectively utilize people and equipment.
- Provide leadership for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the HighPerformance Work System techniques and processes.
- Participate in the planning and management of Variable, Period and Capital Budgets. Analyze financial trends versus budgets through appropriate tracking measures to ensure results are achieved, issues are identified, and/or adjustments are made.
- Provide an environment for the lowest operating cost that does not affect the quality of goods and services provided. Implements corporate and local business projects to create efficiency and cost savings for the operation.
- Manage the achievement of key performance indicators by tracking results versus targets for safety, quality, labor efficiency, customer satisfaction, cost/case, productivity, and cost contribution management. Analyzes trends and develops opportunities or resolves inefficiencies.
- Promote a good work environment through the development of effective employee engagement strategies including communication plans to lead monthly operational review meetings with staff and hourly employees.
- Identify and create individual development plans in collaboration with direct reports to enhance future career opportunities using Organizational Performance and Human Resource tools, training seminars, workshops and stretch assignments.
- Track the progress of direct reports and organization in general versus the Employee Organizational Excellence plan to ensure plans are on track and/or appropriate adjustments are made.
- Work with direct reports to develop stretch goals for the achievement of corporate, divisional, local and personal goals.
- Be a leader of continuous improvement
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of progressive experience in manufacturing operations and production supervision and process a solid understanding of CPG/food processing and lean manufacturing. The executive will have experience in a high SKU-driven consumer product production environment, business acumen, and finance and analytical skills. Process management, managing and measuring of work experience is required. Importantly, the executive must have the capability to lead a large site with substantial headcount. Other key requirements:
- Demonstrated leadership skills, a commitment to teamwork and a team-based environment, employee empowered work systems and a commitment to safe operations, both behavioral and process-related.
- Experience in union environments and union avoidance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proficient communication skills, both written and verbal with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization, including corporate and division, exempt, non-exempt, and hourly personnel. Must demonstrate an attitude of respect and professionalism when interacting with others.
- Demonstrated strong initiative; self-motivation with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze, process high volumes of information and manage multiple priorities in a timely manner; with precise attention to detail, and a high degree of accuracy and follow through.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Engineering or other technical field is required. Master of Business Administration is desire
What's on Offer
- High base salary
- Excellent bonus
- Long term incentive
- Lucrative relocation package (if required)
- Excellent career prospects