- Growing, international company
- Excellent opportunity
About Our Client
Global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider.
This position will drive European Strategic Operations Strategies and support all executive objectives for the region. Developing the skills across Operations by creating and implementing strategies across: Manufacturing/Integration, Engineering, Purchasing, Warehousing & Shipping, focusing on reducing the total cost of ownership through scaling and elimination of waste.
This role is responsible for the execution of:
- Lab Integration: Building of Rack Servers, the Staging & Configuration of Network Devices; and Management of Engineers (Network Engineers for the physical integration of Hardware & Project Engineers who support customer interface to ensure new product/project timelines are met).
- Lean Manufacturing techniques for inventory control, quality, product availability delivery, cost reduction and process improvement.
- Warehouse/Logistics (Inbound receiving of materials & the Outbound shipping of finished products) and fulfillment (build to stock).
- Order Operations Organization (Purchasing and Planning of material being released into the Manufacturing/Integration Environment)
- The current existing size of the organization is 175 members of Staff + and growing
In addition. this position will act as the Amsterdam Site Lead driving the Cross Functional Leadership Team (Program/Customer Management, HR, Quality & Facilities) in support of the company's Growth, Operational KPI, and Great Place To Work Objectives. The Senior Director position is based at the Facility in Amsterdam and reports into the Senior Director of Global Operations.
- Promotes the Core Values and Corporate Goals
- Strong integrity in managing business decisions
- Adaptable to company culture of coaching and teamwork
- Demonstrates strong passion and work ethic - setting example for organization
- Leads a team of cross-functional Operations resources:
- Drives appropriate level of expectations for the performance and business
- Provides training, development, and guidance to new and current staff
- Performs employee development plans on annual basis
- Drives operational scaling to ensure effective cost management
- Provides leadership and guidance to Business Operations Managers and ensure they are successfully meeting their business objectives.
- Delivers Operational Excellence through:
- Setting high standards across operational teams and driving toward targets
- Establishes, manages, and improves cost budgets through rigor and discipline
- Ensures the KPI's targets are met while driving quarter/quarter improvements
- Actively engages in operational needs with customer to ensure proper attention is being given and responded to
- Develops and drives key initiates in continues improvement projects
- Evaluates and optimizes existing processes to drive efficiencies and cost improvements
- Understands, follows, and ensures compliance of department with Safety, ISO and TL9000 requirements
- Provides strong internal and external collaboration:
- Develops and maintains ongoing collaborative relationship with sales, account management, program management, logistics and quality on local and global scale
- Actively engages with customer to ensure performance is being achieved and improved while also driving customer confidence in the operations
- Communicates business metrics on a Weekly, monthly, quarterly to the management Team
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Management/Engineering/Supply Chain or similar discipline
- Substantial track record (15+ years) of operating as the Senior Director of Operations in a Manufacturing/Logistics Environment.
- Track record of operating as a Senior Director of Operations across Europe and or on a Global scale.
- Track record of leading Operations and Supply Chain support to enable growth Year on Year.
- Experience of managing a complex organization of a similar size or larger (175 members of staff plus)
- Strong and demonstrated job roles in managing/leading people across different operational responsibilities and functions
- Deep understanding of end-to-end supply chain processes and business
- Demonstrated experience in managing a dynamic cost budget
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and embrace change
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Strong MS office skills; ERP knowledge, preferably with Oracle System
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity in a fast growing environment.