Sr Manager / Associate Director, R&D Strategic Sourcing
Pharma Sector R&D Sourcing experience needed
About Our Client
Firm located in the Boston, MA area
The Sr Manager / Associate Director, R&D Strategic Sourcing position is responsible for driving innovation through leveraging the firm's external partners as well as being accountable for the sourcing and procurement of highly complex, strategic development projects. This R&D Strategic Sourcing position will work in close alignment with global and regional sourcing teams to ensure the business is positioned well to provide innovative products and solutions to our customers longer term.
The Sr Manager / Associate Director, R&D Strategic Sourcing position will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with assigned business unit on their future product portfolios and engage external partners to support the future portfolio
- Collaborate with category management teams to coordinate and execute supplier innovation engagement
- Participate with R&D stakeholders and partners. Be seen as a SME for Sourcing to all R&D leadership
- Be accountable for the overall sourcing strategy for highly complex product development projects, contributing to the projects' commercial success
- Act as single point of contact and represent all aspects of strategic procurement for assigned product development projects
- Responsible for creating and managing Development Agreements, SOW, Supply Agreements, Master Service Agreements, among others related with R&D Sourcing
- Perform market and supply base sensing for future product innovation and technology portfolios
- Active participation in external innovation forums
- Perform benchmarking with other applicable industries to bring new ideas and technology to the business
- R&D projects; execute pre-launch activities such as commercial aspects of supplier qualification and supplier development in close collaboration (the Sr Manager / Associate Director, R&D Strategic Sourcing will be asked to engaged with cross-functional operations teams as well as other category/procurement leaders on other categories.
- Improve the firm's financial position through procurement related project deliverables, cost savings, non-price value opportunities and risk mitigation impacting R&D teams
- Partnering with Procurement Analytics Design to Value team to optimize cost and increase value for the customer
- Create and elaborate Make vs. Buy analysis with a cross functional teams for each project
- Responsible for managing supplier due diligence for development and qualification activities
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in engineering or Procurement
- Experience working in the Biotech, Pharmaceutical, or Life Sciences sector
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in R&D, strategic sourcing, supplier development, new product development and innovation experience and methodology.
- Strong influencing and communication skills within a highly matrixed and multi-cultural organization.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- High cross-functional understanding of New Product Development, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Supply Chain processes and standards
- Strong business and commercial acumen and result oriented
What's on Offer
- High visibility
- Growth potential
- Strong performing Biotech, Pharma, Life Sciences firm
- Work Life balanced culture