Sr. Manager Business Development OEM - Electrical Wiring
Global Manufacturer of Electric Wiring and Power Distribution
Growing company with upward mobility
About Our Client
Our client for the Sr. Manager Business Development - Electrical Wiring and Power Distribution opportunity is a global supplier of electrical distribution systems and electronic controls servicing transportation, automation, medical, industrial and other similar markets. They operate globally with over 7,000 employees worldwide and close to $1 billion in revenue.
The Sr. Manager Business Development - Electrical Wiring and Power Distribution will be in charge driving new business development with non-automotive/transportation OEMs. This person must have a strong hunter mentality and a proven track record selling electrical/electronic products and components to OEMs in markets such as Medical, Consumers, Industrial, or similar. The Sr. Manager Business Development - Electrical Wiring and Power Distribution will have coverage across the United States and build a sales team as the business grow. This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in the US.
- Develop new business with existing and mostly new customers
- Leverage prior and existing customer relationships to build market position for winning new business
- Proactively develop and maintain strong key relationships with the customer contacts by face to face on-site meetings, and regular proactive engagement
- Work hand in hand with internal groups such as engineering, operations, customer service, application engineering, and pricing/quoting teams
- Develop and define account strategies with focus on business opportunities, product portfolio, roadmaps and market environment.
- Understand the competitive landscape and market conditions and provide guidance how to develop and grow the market segment based on company's strengths and capabilities
- Establish strong market presences growing customers and sales revenue
- As market and revenue grows, hire and build out a sales team from the ground up.
- Develop mentor, inspire, train, and support sales team
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business
- 7 - 15 plus years of experience in sales and business development within electrical and electronics
- 3 years or more of experience selling to OEMs in Medical, Industrial, Consumer, or similar
- Must have experience with wire harnesses, connectors, cables, terminals, switches, sensors, or similar products
- Proven track record leading and developing a sales team, OR ready to take on that next step of leadership and growth
- Strong organizational, communication, planning, and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft products, and advanced skills in Excel
- Strong hunter mentality with a proven track record of developing new customers, new markets, and/or selling new products
- Ability to travel 30-50% depending on location of candidate
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $140,000 - $165,000, bonus, home office, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays.