Sr. Manager Electrification - E-Mobility - Remote based
Patent Technology for an Electric Vehicle Product and Platform
Opportunity to bring to market patented EV products and building a team
About Our Client
Our client for the Sr. Manager Electrification opportunity is a manufacturing and supplier to the Department of Defense developing and launching an E-Mobility product and platform to the military.
The Sr. Manager Electrification will be a part of the Sr. Management team reporting directly to the President. This client has an E-Mobility product and platform in development with several patents pending. This off - road electric vehicle will serve as a vital piece of technology and transportation for the department of defense out in the field. The client has several other E-Mobility developments in the pipeline as well. The Sr. Electrification Engineer will lead the continued development of this product and platform and bring this product to launch starting as an individual contributor and then building a team of engineers to support the continued growth. Remote role based anywhere in Michigan.
- Develop, lead, and implement a strategic business plan for continued product development and enhancement bring to market and launching a hybrid/electric vehicle and platform
- Responsible for leading and communicating the strategic direction for assigned product family & developing the corresponding business plans
- Support current and emerging customer requirements of the exiting product and evolving product designs
- Manage the Product Portfolio Roadmap and align product and functional groups to maximize profitability and growth
- Stay abreast of industry and market trends and understand customer needs
- Build and maintain key relationships with customer key contacts as well as internal stakeholders
- Grow and develop engineering staff
- Drives initiation, planning, design, analysis, testing, execution, monitoring and closing of projects within the organization by interfacing and synchronizing with managers of Production and Quality, Engineering, Program Managers and by reviewing qualifications and determining suitability of major vendors and their products toward the successful implementation of company-wide goals and objectives.
- Ensure engineering staff and strategies are aligned with tooling, purchasing, program management and other business groups
- Play a key role in the management team as a leader in the business with a high level of visibility
- Responsible to develop and executive and short and long-term product development plan and strategy
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to the Program Management department to ensure objectives are met
- Embracing a "voice of customer" mentality and driving that thought processes throughout the engineering organization
- Support quality, environmental and safety systems and programs
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering - Electrical preferred, OR Mechanical, Software, Chemical/Chemistry
- 7-15 years of experience in Engineering - Product, design, or related
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience within electric/hybrid vehicles and platforms within automotive and/or transportation
- Strong understanding of low and high voltage systems, batteries, system integration, electric motors, solar, ECUs, body controllers, sensors, etc.
- Track record of successfully driving an engineering team in innovation
- Experience developing product roadmaps and strategies
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with competing and changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with product and process regulatory, risk, and liability
- Strong communication skills verbal and written with open and direct communication style
What's on Offer
Base salary $125,000 - $165,000 depending on experience, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays, etc.
Being a part of a company developing disruptive e-mobility technology for the non automotive sector. Ability to make your mark on a company driving growth and development and building an engineering team from the ground up.
automotive, electric, vehicles, EV, electrification, battery, engineering