- Leading Global Automotive Supplier
- Highly visible role leading an Automotive quality team of 25
About Our Client
Our client for the Sr. Quality Manager - Automotive opportunity is a global automotive supplier with over 20,000 employees and close to 100 locations globally. This organization has a strong product portfolio that will continue to service the legacy automotive market and is heavily investing and is currently a major player in the future of automotive in the electric vehicle space.The Sr. Quality Manager - Automotive will be responsible for leading the manufacturing quality initiatives and standards across one of the largest manufacturing plants globally. The Sr. Quality Manager will be customer facing to address and resolve all product quality issues and driving the performance of the quality management team in the plant. The Sr. Quality Manager will be managing a total of 25 people. This person will be driving a KPIs focused environment, change management, and leadership and development of the quality team. The Sr. Quality Manager will report to the Plant General Manager, and cross functionally to the Quality Director of the Americas. This role is located in the North Carolina. Relocation is required, and full relocation package is available.
- Lead manufacturing quality initiatives to ensure quality standards are being met and exceeded
- Responsible for the establishment and implementation of the QMS - Quality Management System according to internal standards.
- Responsible for plant quality objectives, KPIs, internal and external audits including internal defects, scrap, sorting, material reviews, etc.
- Represent the Voice of Customer regarding quality standards
- Establish and report against KPIs for the plant performance to the Plant GM and Director of Quality Americas
- Responsible for customer scorecard review, response, and corrective action plans
- Drive corrective action and change management processes
- Work in partnership with the Plant General Manager on improving operations driving lean and six sigma practices
- Manage internal audit system in accordance to required standards
- Conduct internal reviews on quality management systems based on ITAF, ISO14001 and ISO45001
- Drive change and process improvements across multi manufacturing plants
- Ensure the APQP and Reliability deliverables are met for existing and New Product or Process Introductions
- Responsible for definition of laboratory scope, annual internal quality lab certification and calibration
- Responsible for quality training and awareness ensuring the right application of quality tools and expertise
- Responsible for the overall quality department - budget, recruitment, training and development of personal, succession planning, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required; Engineering degree highly preferred
- Must have automotive plant quality experience driving performance, KPIs, and change management
- 10 years plus of experience in manufacturing engineering and quality within automotive
- 3 - 5 years of management experience leading teams in plant quality setting
- Must have automotive plant quality experience preferrable at a Tier 1 supplier
- IATF 16949 Certified, 8D, MSA (Measurement System Analysis), APQP
- Must have experience with non-quality cost reduction - scrap, rework, sorting, etc.
- Experience working in a global matrix organization with global stakeholders highly preferred
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with SAP - preferred, but not required
- Business minded and strong teamwork
- Strong communication skills, time management skills, and a customer focused mindset.
- Fluent in English is required
- ISO14001, ISO9001
- Strong work ethic and high attention to detail
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary - $130,000 - $160,000 depending on experience, bonus 20%, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays, full relocation package. Being a part of a growing and innovative company.