Staff Accountant - Homebuilder - Westborough, MA
Based in Westborough, MA
Working for a highly reputable, boutique homebuilder
About Our Client
My client is a highly reputable, boutique homebuilder based in Westborough, MA.
The staff accountant is a detailed oriented individual who assists with the accurate and timely posting of GL transactions related to A/R, A/P and Cash. This position will also be responsible for Company HR ensuring accurate and confidential transfer of information and will maintain ongoing balance sheet and payroll reconciliations. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Director of Finance and main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Analysis of monthly operating expenses, maintain accounting schedules and prepare month end close.
- Support the Director of Finance with ongoing accounting operations, ad-hoc reporting, annual budgeting and policy implementation.
- Monthly forecasting and budgeting.
- Project budgeting, contingency and profitability
- Review of bi-weekly job cost reports, and reporting to appropriate management
- Administers all client billings
- Effectively communicate with all Project Managers regarding change orders, approvals, and any other services related to billing
- Prepare invoices in accordance with contract requirements
- Manage billing schedules
- Client invoicing
- Ensure timely collections and working with banking relationships
- Processing weekly payroll (via 3rd party)
- Administer employee benefit programs
- Maintain policies and procedures such as employee handbook, updates, compliance law, on-boarding/ termination, vacation tracking and additional HR related essential duties
- Oversee accounts payable staff
- Review contracts related to vendors and suppliers etc.
Apply today using the link provided for consideration within 48 hours of application.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 year's experience.
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, strategic and critical thinking skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong data entry skills, speed and accuracy
- Self-directed and self-motivated individual with strong collaboration orientation
- Familiarity with construction industry or percentage of completion and Work in Progress
reporting a plus
What's on Offer
- $ 70,000 to $ 80,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive company benefits
- Flexible working hours