Staff Accountant - Public Accounting - Waldorf, MD
Public Accounting opportunity
Based in Waldorf, MD
About Our Client
My client is a boutique public accounting firm based in Waldorf, MD. They are a rapidly growing, well-established, highly reputable and high caliber public accountancy firm.
Working in a team of five accountancy professionals, the Staff Accountant will report into the Accounting Manager and the President of the firm. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Inputting daily transactions for all clients using a number of software platforms
- Responding to requests from clients on general accounting needs (i.e. running reports, responding to requests, etc.)
- Prepare reconciliations (i.e. bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, general ledger accounts, etc.)
- Perform self-review to ensure that accounting is accurate
- Prepare financial statements and provide an overview to the client
- Establish, document, and evaluate internal processes for the best client experience.
- Manage prospective and current client correspondence
- Assist in building our brand, our firm and our client base through referrals, social media, lead generation, etc.
Whilst the interview process will be conducted remotely, the role requires and office presence in Waldorf, MA - 5 days a week.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
In return for a generous remuneration package, the successful candidate will posses the following.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, relevant experience
- 2+ years of related experience
- Experience with Quickbooks Online
- Ability to work, full time in office in Waldorf, MD (this is not a remote position).
What's on Offer
- $40,000,000 to $50,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme (+/- 3%)
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Excellent hands on accounting experience
- Coaching and mentoring by experienced accounting professionals
- Competitive PTO
- Excellent opportunity to experience the inner working of a well run, public accounting team.