Global Market Leading Manufacturing and Supplier
Excellent company culture and career progression
About Our Client
Our client for the Staff Financial Accountant opportunity is a global manufacturing company with over 50 years of history. They serve the OEM, Aftermarket and Retail space for their products and solutions
The Staff Financial Accountant will serve as the right-hand person to the Corporate Controller and he/she will work closely with the management team to prepare month end closing schedules, journal entries, and reconciliations. The Financial Accountant will also monitor accounting transactions and ensure accuracy and timely recording in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Strong background in costing accounting is highly preferred. We are looking for a high performer, trainable individual looking to eventually grow into a Controller role.
- Performs general and advanced accounting functions, including month end close, consolidations, and preparation of financial statements and other reports for upper management and Parent.
- Prepare monthly bank and ledger account reconciliations and propose necessary adjustments.
- Monitoring of transactions throughout the accounting cycle to ensure compliance with GAAP and Company policy.
- Prepare and file all locally controlled excise, franchise and personal property tax returns. Assist with preparation of quarterly forecasts & the annual business plan.
- Monthly variance analysis of financial statements
- Execute and perform perform special projects, programs and development activities as assigned
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely. Adjust as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 3 years of experience as accounting, cost accounting, AP/AR, month end close, taxes
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to create and work in collaborative group environments
- Manufacturing experience is highly preferred
- Proficient with MS suite
- Fast learning and dynamic willingness to learn new areas of the business
- High potential and looking for career progression
What's on Offer
Base salary $70,000 - 85,000, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays, etc.